I stopped being active with maladaptive daydreaming years back. I have crucial responsibilities, try to stay away and concentrate, but notice that I suddenly wonder off and my eyes go dazed for a minute or so. This happens when I'm chill and during an stress-free time. Family and friends have made remarks that I look like my mind is somewhere else. I'm not sure though, it's more like I zone out. I'm trying to seek employment, but so afraid that when I start a new gig, someone will notice my eyes! Maybe even my frozen state. Unless the job is remote. 

Views: 664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL. When we started talking I thought you were a young lady. 

God. My dad has a bone to pick with me. We have weekly chats about where I'm at, my progress. I always tell him I'm doing everything I can be up to par with employment. The job market is slow, for some unexplained reason. So I have to contact all the private and government agencies, talk to all the recruiters and headhunters. Make lots of noise. Dad is getting back to me in a week for updates on what I did. It seems, applying is not getting me far. 

I don't understand today's society. I really don't. What happened? I think it's odd you apply for anything, and it's not that easy to get attention. In the old days, that wasn't so hard. 

On a personal note, I'm thinking I would've been much better off, if I hadn't started MD in the first place. 

I stopped MD, I'm fine now. But it's like, I wasn't ever paying attention, or I didn't care, because I lived in my head. And everything almost went downhill. 

I made many mistakes in my life, which I'll certainly try not to do again. I should've done everything vice versa, but I was stubborn. 

Are you a morning person? I find it harder to get flowing at 8:00 am than I do at noon. I find getting up hurts. Of course I'm years older than you. 

I looked at my peers and friends, and they are actually living their lives. They look so awesome on social media. 

Yes, I know. That's just life for everybody. If I put glitzy pictures of myself on Facebook, users would think I'm happy go lucky. But that's a big lie. So good point. 

Still, I feel that I went overboard with MD when I was young. I'm perfectly aware it was a big mistake, and have to own up to it. I too wouldn't have had the guts to share with anybody on social media that I committed to MD. You can only imagine the reactions and responses. That just doesn't look cool to your friends on Facebook. 

True, very true

It's funny, you think Maladaptive daydreaming will help you out—when really—it ruins everything. And makes you feel worse, in real life. 

I don't hang out so much. If ever I'm in a crowd once again, they start to comment and even look at me intently. They think I'm socially awkward everywhere. It's just, I don't talk so much, I'm extremely quiet, and my face is deadpan. Then they notice my eyes look kind of far away. Next thing I know, I could get manipulated, or put on the spot. Then if I do something dumb, which could've easily been prevented....they look at me like I got two heads and a tale. 

It's like I had a tough time finding my own alliance. I was so different compared to everyone I've ever met. Our personalities just clashed. But I didn't look hard enough to find a better crowd, because I was so busy dwelling in my maladaptive daydreaming, time just went by, and I realized I still didn't solve my social problems. 

I can't really change who I am—I'm ME as it stands. I came into the world this way. I think my issue is that I won't pay attention to whose there, and communicate with them. I think I lost a social life this way. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky