Hi everybody! I've been on this site a lot lately, but it's been a while since I made an actual blog post. This blog post is intended for me to belatedly express my gratitude.
I have a lot to be thankful for. We all do, actually. But seeing as you've probably heard lots of rants about about food and water and "roofs over our heads" from relatives over Thanksgiving--believe me, I did--and I'm assuming you probably don't want to hear another one (not that we shouldn't be grateful for those things), I'm just going to talk about stuff related to maladaptive daydreaming and this site.
Some things to be thankful for:
1. First and foremost...the Internet! I NEVER would have found out about MD without it! Actually, is there anyone on here who DID'NT find out about MD from the Internet?
2. My awesome imaginary friends. They're always there for me no matter what, and they always cheer me up when I'm sad. Imaginary people are much more loyal than real people.
3. This website. It's helped me tremendously. Where else would we be able to discuss MD with people who actually have it?
4. This community. (Should this technically be part of #3?) I love how kind and respectful everybody on here is. Stay awesome, everybody! (Especially you there reading this! Yes, you!)
5. @Cordellia Amethyste Rose, because she does such an awesome job of maintaining said website and keeping trolls and spammers out of said community. Keep up the good work! We appreciate you a lot! :-)
6. People researching MD. Honestly, where would we be without them? They were the ones who discovered this condition in the first place. Also, we won't be able to make maladaptive daydreaming an official diagnosis without a lot of research being done first.