I stopped being active with maladaptive daydreaming years back. I have crucial responsibilities, try to stay away and concentrate, but notice that I suddenly wonder off and my eyes go dazed for a minute or so. This happens when I'm chill and during an stress-free time. Family and friends have made remarks that I look like my mind is somewhere else. I'm not sure though, it's more like I zone out. I'm trying to seek employment, but so afraid that when I start a new gig, someone will notice my eyes! Maybe even my frozen state. Unless the job is remote. 

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Social media isn't somthing you use a references because people would only post yhe beautiful part believe me every body has his shate of problems

Yes, I know. That's just life for everybody. If I put glitzy pictures of myself on Facebook, users would think I'm happy go lucky. But that's a big lie. So good point. 

Exactly i myself wouldn't talk about MD forbexample in social media

Still, I feel that I went overboard with MD when I was young. I'm perfectly aware it was a big mistake, and have to own up to it. I too wouldn't have had the guts to share with anybody on social media that I committed to MD. You can only imagine the reactions and responses. That just doesn't look cool to your friends on Facebook. 

yes beside people wouldn't understand it anyway and they will judge any way i am thankful that i deleted all my social media because of that it's very toxic for me and it's fake that's not how relationship should be if i want to have quality time with my friend i would rather do it physically rather than using chat if i want to celebrate his birthday i would buy a gift and give it to him in his birthday if he is in crisis i would be with him not just putting a sad face on a post 

True, very true

It's funny, you think Maladaptive daydreaming will help you out—when really—it ruins everything. And makes you feel worse, in real life. 

I don't hang out so much. If ever I'm in a crowd once again, they start to comment and even look at me intently. They think I'm socially awkward everywhere. It's just, I don't talk so much, I'm extremely quiet, and my face is deadpan. Then they notice my eyes look kind of far away. Next thing I know, I could get manipulated, or put on the spot. Then if I do something dumb, which could've easily been prevented....they look at me like I got two heads and a tale. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky