Thought I would start this as I assume Light is still away.

Am heading to Florida tomorrow to see Mother for Easter.  I hate flying, so would appreciate any prayers sent my way on Fri. and next Tues.  

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Roxanne! I thought about starting April...but good on you for doing it!

Enjoy your trip. I hope that you find some really nice distractions on your flight so that it's pleasureable. Florida has nice weather yeah? Have fun. xo

Well, Good Friday meant a long trip to Melbourne for a platelet transfusion. But now I have them, I can enjoy my weekend. (: It's my Grandad's birthday today! He is 87. I'm hoping to go down the video store and pick an old movie or a funny one for us to watch. Should be great. Beacause the weather is crazy. It was warm yesterday but now is windy, cold and rainy. That's Gippsland for you! (Country Victoria).

So, HAPPY EASTER! Talk again soon. Hope I have no more blood count dramas over the next week. Safe travels everyone. (:

Jules said:

Hey Roxanne! I thought about starting April...but good on you for doing it!

Enjoy your trip. I hope that you find some really nice distractions on your flight so that it's pleasureable. Florida has nice weather yeah? Have fun. xo

Well, Good Friday meant a long trip to Melbourne for a platelet transfusion. But now I have them, I can enjoy my weekend. (: It's my Grandad's birthday today! He is 87. I'm hoping to go down the video store and pick an old movie or a funny one for us to watch. Should be great. Beacause the weather is crazy. It was warm yesterday but now is windy, cold and rainy. That's Gippsland for you! (Country Victoria).

So, HAPPY EASTER! Talk again soon. Hope I have no more blood count dramas over the next week. Safe travels everyone. (:

Hey Roxanne, how did your flight and trip go?

My only news is that I've had a severely anxious week working through the possibility of renting a place on my own. Please don't ask me why I was so anxious. It's a long complicated story...that probably shouldn't be that complicated, anyway. I think I'm getting through it. Step, by little tiny step!

My latest health saga has given me the push to just get on with what I want for my life. And my own place, is what I want. I'd just love to be responsible for all the little things like decorating and plants etc. Having people visit me and cooking for them, you know. I'd really love that. And not have to always be looking over my shoulder, making sure I'm not offending someone, or doing it wrong! Know what I mean? I've never had a safe space that was MINE. So that's what I'm working on.

I applied for one place today. I do have my heart set on it! An aquaintence of mine suggested it to me (owned by her son) so she is putting in a good word for me! (: Sometimes "it's who you know". I do hope I get it. Just got to wait now. Well, that's my news.

How was everyone elses Easter? And how is life going in general?

Jules xo

I can well imagine how such a major step/change would make you anxious.  I get anxious just traveling to Florida.  The trip went well, but ended up sick - again - last day & just recovering.  This sounds very exciting and I am sending lots of prayers your way that you remain calm & optimistic & get the place you want.  Keep us posted.  This is very exciting. ( I use a supplement called GABA that has been really helpful in calming nerves.)

I have an apt. today with a top-notch holistic nutritionist, who is on President Obama's Council for cancer & other disease prevention.  I have been to a few of her seminars & have her cook book.  She is gluten & dairy free and I want to look more into going gluten-free.  I would also like to be vegetarian/flexitarian but have found it hard in past.  She has cured herself of Crohn's Disease & chronic anxiety &  is always so cheerful.  I'm looking forward to it.

Light & Sasi - how are your busy lives going?  

Thanks for prayers.

Hope your appointment went well and you now have some great healthy plans up your sleeve!

Wondering about cure for anxiety... my anxiety seems like it has to do with my circumstance and environment. And I know you don't need to have a perfect, comfortable life to be free from anxiety and worry. But, sometimes I wonder if there are just seasons of it that you have to live through. Well, thats what my anxiety seems to me. It will go away, but in time, you know? I'm hoping anyway.

Heya... just popping in to say guess what?! I am finally getting a home of my own! My rental application came through and I move in 2 weeks. Yay! The only problem with this is that I may not have the finance for internet at home. So might only be able to come on here sometimes, at the free library computer. But only for a season I hope. A small price to pay for my freedom. It's really going to make a difference to my life. (:

I am SO happy for you.  This sounds like a big first step in a grand new adventure.  I do hope you stay in touch, though.  How often will you get to the library?

Probably a couple of times a week. So, it may not affect anything really! (: Hope you're feeling a little better these days Roxanne...?

I'm a little better.  Saw nutritionist & have started some of her homework assignments.  For instance, have given up all Splenda, which I have used for years.  This has been very hard for me and I'm suddenly craving anything sweet.  I kept my sweet tooth under control by drinking Splenda-sweetened tea & coffee all day long.  She also wants me to increase all my anti-oxidants.  So I start the day with a green drink - I put a hand full of raw spinach in blender with about a cup of frozen dark sweet cherries.  It is nice & sweet and you don't taste spinach.  I am to add dark leafy greens to every meal, but spinach & broccoli are the only ones I like.  Also I'm adding flax seed oil, more garlic, tumeric, ginger, green tea & coffee.  And I'm to cut back on all animal protein, replacing with plant based protein.  This week I'm working on Splenda & smoothies.

Today I am on a conference call (with 100 other volunteers) with Michelle Obama.  She is such a role model for me.

Jules, glad to hear that you will be able to keep in touch.  I'm really excited for you.

Elizabeth, how is your wedding coming? 

@Roxanne, Try freezing grapes; they taste even sweeter when frozen, and are a great alternative to artificially sweetened snacks.

Thanks.  I used to do that but had forgotten about it.  I had used my sweetened tea to replace cigarettes which I gave up 12 years ago, and actually still miss.  The grapes will work well, as I can just sort of pop them in when I feel like a hit.  I know you are a very healthy eater.  I think of myself as one - certainly healthier than any of my friends - but would like to go to next level, that of disease prevention & cure.

Roger, it is so nice to have a male perspective on this site.  Hope you stay & know you are welcomed.

Hi all,
   Been an even busier than usual month. I'm normally pretty good at coping with multiple pressures but really felt like I had reached my limits. Anyway just come back from a spa break where I went all on my own. Ahhh. Peace and quiet for a few days. Most relaxing. Back to the grind this morning. Glad to hear you are doing well on here. Jules- congrats on the new home. Roxanne- Iglad to hear you are feeling better. I know just what you mean by that sweet taste craving. It's so hard to break. Have you discovered Rooibos ( redbush) tea yet? Full of antioxidant , caffeine free and delicious. I have it in multiple flavours and drink litres of it every day. Nice to catch up with everyone. Off to feed the hungry hoards at mine now. 

roxanne said:

Thanks.  I used to do that but had forgotten about it.  I had used my sweetened tea to replace cigarettes which I gave up 12 years ago, and actually still miss.  The grapes will work well, as I can just sort of pop them in when I feel like a hit.  I know you are a very healthy eater.  I think of myself as one - certainly healthier than any of my friends - but would like to go to next level, that of disease prevention & cure.

Roger, it is so nice to have a male perspective on this site.  Hope you stay & know you are welcomed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky