OK, this is basically just a thread where you can put any weird habits you have in a list (if you have that many) and then see if other people have the same/similar things to you.

WARNING: By the time I've typed all my weird habits, the scroll bar at the side will probably be too small to even see. So good luck scrolling down ;  )

• I have a 'lip thing' that I do sometimes. It's hard to describe, but basically, with my toprow of teeth, I bite the bottom of my bottom lip and slide them up it, then with my bottom row of teeth I bite the top of my top lip and slide my teeth down. I do this twice, then do the same thing with my bottom lip and of row of teeth, but only once.  TNohen I do the same thing, but vice versa, so first once with my bottom teeth and top lip, then twice with my top teeth and bottom lip, then with my bottom teeth and top lip. I will often do this a few times in a row, but I always have to finish using my bottom teeth and top lip. I can do this whole thing once in 3.5 seconds, without even thinking about it.
  • I have the world's weirdest sleeping position. I have to sleep without my head on the pillow. Instead I tuck the duvet under my head, to hold it still, then I have my left fist holding the part of the duvet that's by my mouth so that my fist covers my mouth is I'm sleeping omn my left side, and vice versa for my right side. If I am DDing my 'fetishy DDs' and I am lying on my right side, I will tuck the duvet between my legs (but still in the position I mentioned above) but only if I'm on my right side.
  • When I am thinking/DDing about my fetish or something awkward, I have to cross my legs. I don't know why, but I do.
  • This is technically a weird phobia, but I am terrified of a certain type of flying insect that I can't even stand to type the name of. I don't mind if other people type it, but I can't type it myself, and I wouldn't be able to look at a picture of it. I can't make myself type the name of it, but here are 2 clues about it: 1) One of its names has 2 words to it, the first word is the name of a vechile used on a buillding site that begins with 'c' (and it's not car), the second word is 'fly'. 2) The other of its names is 3 words, the first word is what young children normally call their father, the second word is the opposite of short, and the last word is 'legs'. When 2 of these insects got into my room when I was younger, after they were gone,  that is what caused me to develop my sleeping position that I mentioned above.
  • I have several places on my body that I don't like being touched, or that hurt when pressure is put on them, but shouldn't. (or maybe they should, and I'm just being ignorant of that fact < P) The first is my shoulders, I am really uncomfortable with anyone touching my shoulders apart from my parents. Even when a guy who I had a crush on put his hands on my shoulders, I was so uncomfortable. I also have similar feelings about my shoulder blades, but not as severe. If pressure is put on the place where my right thigh joins my waist, it hurts. I discovered this when I was sitting down and my Nan's dog jumped on me and put her paw there. I had to move her paw, I couldn't stand it. I haven't actually ever had anyone touch my neck, but the thought of it makes me... urgh. My 'neck thing' is sort of similar to what I've mentioned below.
  • Certain things make me feel really weird. I can't really describe it but, say someone was sticking the point of  a pencil in the carpet, I would just feel... weird, like the carpet was feeling pain through me. We once had to do something like this in my Year 5 class, we were measuring rooms and we had to stick pencils in the carpet to mark where we'd measured, I just felt...urgh.
  • If I bang into something, for example I bang into my radiator when I'm pacing, I will always apologise to the object and body part that I banged. It's a habit from when I was younger and my over actie imagination thought that objects could feel pain and emotions, so I would be careful so that the objects didn't want to get me. Lol. I still sometimes think weird things like that might, just might, be true. But when I apologise to objects and parts of my body, it's mainly out of habit.
  • This isn't really a habit, but it always seems like Ready Salted crisps taste better if you eat more than one at a time, and very quickly. For every other flavour, it's vice versa.
  • Even if I'm not depressed or have no reason to be sad, I always find it easier to write poems about break ups or losing your best friend or something like that. Most of the stories I (try to) write have death and/or similar bad things in them.
  • I can be very slow at doing stuff, but whenever I'm walking, sometimes even when I'm ill, everyone is always walking too slow and I have to walk on the spot, sometimes 2 or 3 steps before I actually walk forwards.
  • I am sort of germaphobic, but not all the time. Like sometimes I'm terrified of germs, and sometimes I don't even care if someone has a cold and they sneeze into their hands then touch something I have to touch. Sometimes I'm even germophobic of other people who won't even come near me for about a week. I'm weird.
  • I usually try to avoid wearing a long sleeved top because I might have to wear a long sleeved jacket over the top of it. When that happens, it drives me nuts. Inside, I'm going, AAAAARGHHHHH!!!!!!!
  • This is just a weird thing that I can do; I can 'click' my right ankle, that is, I can make the bone in it move at will. 
  • I can't whistle, snap my fingers or do that thing where you pinch your nose shut, breathe in, let go and your nose stays like that. I can flare my nostrils, though, so that's probably why I can't do the last one.

That's it for now, what are your weird habits/things/whatever and are any of them the same as mine? Probably not lol.

Views: 1731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

-I like to count stairs, while walking up and down them

-I sometimes have phases where I often pick at my gum between my two top front teeth (Once the dentist recommended me to rinse my mouth out each night with war salt-water to help heal it, and it works)

-mostly with digital clocks, sometimes with analogs, I try to find something interesting with the numbers (eg 13:57,[up in twos] and I often see the clock at 22:22, or 12:34, 9:11, sometimes 11:11) or maybe 22:40/22:04 (2+2=4, the '0' doesn't count as anything usually)

-There's the daydreaming, if that counts.

-i used to have a really bad habit of wanting to catch flies, especially if they're on windows, 'cause that's when it's easiest to catch them (I usually chucked them outside, because I tried crushing them a few times but felt men and didn't appreciate their guts on my hand)

-I often do this thing, where I move my jaw to one side (I'm doing it now, actually) and 'bite' the back of my cheek with the hard gum behind my teeth. Am I the only one or does someone else also do that?

-I also have this thing, I'm not sure if it's a habit or something that's nearly OCD, but I like things equal. If I scratch my left eyebrow with my left hand, I often feel a  bit weird not  scratching my right with my right hand. It's annoying with that cheek thing above, because I try to get my cheeks feeling equal, but the newest 'bit' feels freshest, and so I do it the other way and well, keep going on and on with it.

I think that's it.

-Oh and I have a bad habit of scratching my head and cleaning my fingernails.

-I also don't like scratching anything except my scalp with my fingernails running down it (I can have the top of my nail scratching it, or move my hand sideways to scratch)  Does that make sense?

-Also I noticed a while back I don't like paying proper attention to a song if I don't know the lyrics, or don't have them there, and I also try to understand them properly. Which is why I get annoyed that no-one has my taste in music, because there's so many lyrics I can't find anywhere on the internet, or on Minilyrics, no one's timed the lyrics (so the line that plays lights up at the right time). Also, I like a Russian band, but I can't read any of the lyrics, let along learn them, because I don't speak a word of Russian. German's not so bad, because, although I don't speak much, I understand how all the letters and letter combos are pronounced, so it makes it a lot better.

-I also ramble sometimes on the interwebs.

I'm not really knowledgeable, but to me, it sounds like you might have some minor OCD. Could be wrong though, so don't panic.

Alexandra said:

I have to take 120 steps when the teabag soaks in the tea.
I have to count to 240 when i brush my teeth, 120 when I brush my lower and 120 for the upper.
Chewing noises annoy me, even my own. Eating with family or just alone is hard. I have to listen to music, have the tv on or read something to get myself distracted from the chewing. Or i just have liquids.
People touching their faces annoy me.
I can't read a book unless my room is organized.
I'm slightly a germaphobe.
I'm obsessed with my thighs not touching.
I have a certain order i do things when I shower. Wash face, hair, condition hair, shave, wash my body, rinse. If i do not do them in that order I have to start over. Doesn't happen often but sometimes if I'm in a rush.

Can't think of anything more that would be weird.

Even the guy/girl M who said she/he doesnt have OCD , has OCD. I can see alot of patterns in the replies, I think OCD and intimacy issues are most listed. How many of you have tried therapy to understand your fears/habits? (FYI- therapy is a good thing!). Another thing - Nicole Kidman is also afraid of butterflies.

Lets see, I have some similar ones and some of my own (I'll probably think of more later):

-- I also hate the long sleeve/long coat thing, but if I can pull my sleeve out further than  my coat i'm OK pretty much. I also just suffer through it for fashion sometimes haha.

--I take the tabs off of cans like Meghan too, and it drives my fiance crazy bc I'll do it to his and he doesn't like it. I don't like feeling the tab touch my nose. (my church collects them for a non-profit organization to help children so it has a nice purpose now)

--sometimes when I drive I'll start glancing at my thumb really quick, then look up again, then back down over and over. Its really weird and I don't do it every time I drive just sometimes.

--I HATE picking up dead bugs or poop. I make Bob (fiance) do it, and it aggravates him sometimes ^^

--I love leaning on the window of car/bus and feeling the vibrations but I also like the sound of the tires on a bus.

--I always rearrange the coffee table.

--My wrists pop easily so I move and pop them a lot without realizing it.

-- I pick my lips a lot

--I cross my legs when I think of something sensual, sexual, etc. but that just might be a girl thing too I think.

--I also have to have sound when I sleep. But my fan is causing dust all over my room and I have allergies, so I need to invest in a sound machine

--If someone is looking at me and I'm about to cry but TRYING to hold it in, I stick my tongue out at them. I guess its bc they look like they know I'm about to cry and I try to do something to lighten my mood or just the mood in general. It never works. Even Bob will say "you're about to cry bc you stuck out your tongue" lol

--I always imagine things like months, days of the week, and some people to have a color or pattern associated with them.

--I cannot STAND to hear someone cough or clear their throat, especially if its mucusy (word?). But I feel bad bc I get sinus infections and colds frequently and probably do the same.

I do the leg-crossing thing too! Maybe it is a girl thing. I should ask my mates

Elizabeth said:

Lets see, I have some similar ones and some of my own (I'll probably think of more later):

-- I also hate the long sleeve/long coat thing, but if I can pull my sleeve out further than  my coat i'm OK pretty much. I also just suffer through it for fashion sometimes haha.

--I take the tabs off of cans like Meghan too, and it drives my fiance crazy bc I'll do it to his and he doesn't like it. I don't like feeling the tab touch my nose. (my church collects them for a non-profit organization to help children so it has a nice purpose now)

--sometimes when I drive I'll start glancing at my thumb really quick, then look up again, then back down over and over. Its really weird and I don't do it every time I drive just sometimes.

--I HATE picking up dead bugs or poop. I make Bob (fiance) do it, and it aggravates him sometimes ^^

--I love leaning on the window of car/bus and feeling the vibrations but I also like the sound of the tires on a bus.

--I always rearrange the coffee table.

--My wrists pop easily so I move and pop them a lot without realizing it.

-- I pick my lips a lot

--I cross my legs when I think of something sensual, sexual, etc. but that just might be a girl thing too I think.

--I also have to have sound when I sleep. But my fan is causing dust all over my room and I have allergies, so I need to invest in a sound machine

--If someone is looking at me and I'm about to cry but TRYING to hold it in, I stick my tongue out at them. I guess its bc they look like they know I'm about to cry and I try to do something to lighten my mood or just the mood in general. It never works. Even Bob will say "you're about to cry bc you stuck out your tongue" lol

--I always imagine things like months, days of the week, and some people to have a color or pattern associated with them.

--I cannot STAND to hear someone cough or clear their throat, especially if its mucusy (word?). But I feel bad bc I get sinus infections and colds frequently and probably do the same.

I do that too! I was quite happy to find a Week Calender App for my phone that let's you use colours, I had so much fun playing around with that! (Yes, I'm a little nerdy).

Elizabeth said:

Oh that sounds neat! I might could get it on my ipod...

lizbourbon said:

I do that too! I was quite happy to find a Week Calender App for my phone that let's you use colours, I had so much fun playing around with that! (Yes, I'm a little nerdy).

Elizabeth said:

Yes the leg-crossing thing is a girl's thing. 

• Before going to sleep, I always put my pillow above half of my face. Lol. I also need to breathe. But this habit makes me comfortable and helps me concentrate more on my daydreaming.
  • I found it disturbing to see open doors so whenever I passed on one, I always close it. 
  • When I remember some bad memories, mostly from just seeing a thing that has a connection on that experience, I also wince and I seem to do it even when I'm in public. 
  • I tap my feet/foot, whichever's available when my mind started wandering.
  • Sometimes, I tend to pull my hair and bite my thumb when I'm crying. And I rarely cry.
  • I always think that people are looking at me and then sometimes, I started panicking when I went a little overboard. 
  • Sometimes, I recited the lines from the fantasy like I'm talking to the characters in my head. Though I only do it quietly and when I'm alone.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky