Maladaptive Daydreaming: where wild minds come to rest
OK, this is basically just a thread where you can put any weird habits you have in a list (if you have that many) and then see if other people have the same/similar things to you.
WARNING: By the time I've typed all my weird habits, the scroll bar at the side will probably be too small to even see. So good luck scrolling down ; )
That's it for now, what are your weird habits/things/whatever and are any of them the same as mine? Probably not lol.
I count stairs when I'm walking up or down them. I hate when someone is talking to me while we walk up stairs as I feel panicked that I can't keep count. I have had to walk back up or down to re-count the stairs. On steps that I know by heart it is enough to just make a mental note when I'm on step #3 or #7 etc.
I also mentally rearrange groupings of objects, like these candlesticks my mother used to keep on the coffee table. I imagine all the ways they could be arranged, smallest to largest, in a circle, all willy nilly, etc.
When I'm thinking I put my fingertips together and slide the fingernails of one hand under the other's fingernails then vice versa.
I often feel the need to apologize (in my head) to things that I'm throwing away, or plants that I'm pulling up.
Funny that you don't like those bugs with the long legs as those are the only ones I allow to live in the house, they are like pets and I feel "lucky" when I see them in the bathroom. Send them my way :)
o.o Wow, somebody here is super brave. Believe it or not though, I have three of yours. The first is the sleeping position. I also can't lay my head directly on the pillow. The second one is I can't snap my fingers. And the third is I can't stand wearing a long-sleeved coat over a long-sleeved shirt. Even during the winter, I wear short sleeves.
Well, here go a few of my quirks.
@ J Noland: So you have them (the ----- flies) in America? I wonder how much it would cost to put them on a plane... lol. Sorry, I just felt like giving that relpy to your reply. (Now I know why people don't get my explantions... ( ; ) I also do the rearranging objects in my head thing, but I only realised when I saw your reply. And something else I remembered, I absolutely always have to walk up the stairs 2 at a time, and down in the same way (but I can't always walk down them in this way, so I don't always do this one), even if I'm so ill I can barely walk. Like I was a few weeks ago...
@ Laila: Yeah, I'm with you on the dead bugs thing. Why don't they die outside? I mean, when we die, we don't make the bugs clean us up, do we? Lol. Another weird habit I have: making jokes that aren't actually funny, because I have a weird sense of humour. That's why I like it when people are so tired they'll laugh at anything. Because they'll even laugh at my jokes < P
I feel like replying to people replies today...
One of its names has 2 words to it, the first word is the name of a vechile used on a buillding site that begins with 'c' (and it's not car), the second word is 'fly'. 2) The other of its names is 3 words, the first word is what young children normally call their father, the second word is the opposite of short, and the last word is 'legs"
I had fun figuring this one out! English is not my first language, so it took a bit of time, but I got it now.
Right now, I can't think of any weird habits although I'm sure ex-boyfriends and girlfriends could come up with a ton. I'm just so used to them, I don't even notice.
Weird habits? I have loads!
- I bite my nails...a lot
- I can't stand the sound of people chewing food
- I have an oral fixation, which means I'm constantly putting things in my mouth
- When I go to sleep, my head is on my pilows. When I wake up, there's usually 1 pillow under my head, 1 on the floor and 1 at some other part of the bed. Not sure what I do when I'm asleep!
- I apologize to my old childhood toys in my head for not playing with them and I feel sorry for them sat in a closet doing nothing
- I feel sorry for things when they get thrown out or don't get used
- I hate the sound of knuckles cracking, and the sound of people tapping against the window on a bus
- When I'm walking alongside someone I like to try and take steps at exactly the same time and the same size as them
- I like to "drink" crisps out of the packet. I literally pour the crisps from the packet into my mouth
- I like to rest my head against a car/bus window and feel the vibrations
- I always rip the tab off of soda cans like Meghan above
- I eat cake weirdly- I eat from the bottom up so I get the icing (frosting) last
- Whenever a teacher at school is yelling at the class, I always answer back in my head. So, if a teacher shouted "your behaviour has been awful this lesson", in my head I'll be thinking "that's cause your an awful teacher." I think it's just my way of venting the anger of being yelled at.
- I dream in excessive amounts, but I always stop other people's dreams. Like recently my friend was telling me he wanted to get into this special college, and I had to remind him that he wasn't going to get good enough grades. Whenever anyone wants anything unrealistic I have to tell them it won't happen because I don't want them to be disappointed. But it's a bit rich coming from an MD'er
I have more weird habits but I think I'll leave it at that.
I have this one very very annoying habit of thinking ppl can hear my thoughts.
I have Trypophobia which means I freak out if I look at uneven holes like lotus seed pods honeycombs bug tunnels in wood or on leaves and all that.
I also don't like butterfly's people always ask me why do you scream because of a butterfly and all I can say I think they are disgusting the lil body's the antennas an all sorry but they give me the creeps and I can't help it.
I crack my ankles before I go to bed and I seem to do that all night long because I can hardly stand on my feets in the morning it hurts so bad.
I always sleep on my left side.
I have to check all the doors and make sure all the windows are locked before I go to bed at least 3 times and then I'm still thinking about checking it again.
I'm paranoid about candles and never have any because I'm scared I burn my house down.
I seem to say I'm sorry a lot.
I carry the house phone from my living room in my pocket when I leave the room even thou I have 3 more stations with phones in the house.
I'm sure there is more but for right now this is all I can think of .
That's true, arrogance is in the mind more thanin actions. Maybe you can turn arrogance into self-confidence. They're not that different, but the latter doesn't require any anger. What do you think of this youtube-video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqYOgaO_hA ? It's catered to men that want to attrack women, but the first minutes made sense to me.
Okay, sort of ontopic: a weird habit I have is that I always google any questions I have and often find hilarious things. I just googled 'difference between arrogance and self-confidence' and this is what turned up. My google search history must reveal so much of my deepest and silliest thoughts!