I'm trying to stop daydreaming during the day. I'm had some mild "withdrawal" from it, but I've had some success as well. However, nighttime is becoming a problem. I feel as if i were a 100% normal person I wouldn't be thinking so hard about it.

The way I fall asleep is by daydreaming and I'm conflicted about it. It seems as though by trying not to dream I'm having a harder time falling asleep. Does anyone have any advice or insight about this? Should i just accept that this is what I need to fall asleep? What do normal people usually think about when they fall asleep?

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My daydreaming used to keep me up all night, and I would feel horribly sick during the day.  I tried everything to get to sleep for many years, but nothing worked.  I gave in and started taking sleeping pills.  Now, I sleep like a baby.  Good luck.  

I know exactly what you are talking about. Whenever I try to stop daydreaming (or well, at least do it less), nights are worst. I never know what to think about and usually get back to daydreaming. I have absolutely no idea how "normal" people do it, although I did ask my mother what she thinks about when she tries to fall asleep. She told me she usually plans the next day or reflects on whatever happened that day. I did try that, but I was rather unsuccessful. However, I found something that's working for me rather well. When I try to fall asleep I usually listen to an audiobook. It's the perfect solution for me, because it distracts me from daydreaming and at the same time it's still kind of an escape so I don't have to think about reality.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky