I was watching a documentary a few weeks ago about a man who led an online life completely seperate from his real life on a website called 2nd Life. It made me wonder if anyone here has ever tried something like that. I don't think I would like it because all of the other people you interact with are real people playing their parts, therefore they aren't like my normal dd characters. The thought of just building an identity as you like it and presenting it to other people as "you" is interesting still. I guess it's kind of like Sim's. I couldn't find another topic for this when I searched so I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Twitter is sort of like that. Like Facebook but it's for meeting strangers. On there, I can present myself however I want. It's done wonders for my confidence and I've met some brilliant people (who I then met in real life). Twitter is good for my MD because when I'm on there I'm not daydreaming. If I didn't use it, I'd just daydream even more.

Obviously, non of them know about my MD though as they might think I'm weird, so I keep it secret. Anyone else use Twitter as an escape but opportunity to interact with other people?

I don't think I'd like 2nd Life, mostly because people are being 100% fake. Twitter let's me just show the parts of me I want to show.

I tried again to sign up for IMVU as I keep getting their invitations every day.  And the same thing happened.  I chose a female avatar and they gave me a male.  I don't get it.  I guess I'll just give up, although I thought an avatar would be fun.  And now I'm going to have them coming at me twice as much.  I tried tektek, but they were too cartoon-like.  Any body know anything easier?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky