If there was a cure for your wrank imagination, would you take it?

I will have MD permanently.

No, this isn't a pessimistic outlook on the cure for Maladaptive Daydreaming; it's a confession. I have to confess that even if a cure were an option, I would not take it. Oh! What a thing to hear myself say! But it is true.

So tell me, my fellow tortured souls: if you had a free ticket to sanity, would you take it?

The philosophy behind my belief is simple: our personalities as human beings are based on our experiences.

But experience itself is an objective priniciple; it is our perception that alters and biases the experience, and forms it into our character.

Our perception, our ability to think builds our personalities, and anyone with MD certainly has a unique method of perceiving and thinking...

I know I am a good thinker, and I fear the worst should my MD be altered, considering it is the method by which I do so.

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Heidi & greyartist: I'm telling ya, if you really want it to go away, you can practice it out of existence, but you really have to be dedicated to doing it and have a strong desire to let it go.

After reading what you wrote, I'm actually planning on trying this. I just need to find my bracelet or whatever to help. I think getting back into journaling as a spiritual practice and centering prayer will help, too. I just need to take the time to do both.

Heinriech Heisner said:

@Heidi & greyartist: I'm telling ya, if you really want it to go away, you can practice it out of existence, but you really have to be dedicated to doing it and have a strong desire to let it go.
how do you practice it away???
Read my previous posts from this thread, and if you have any more questions, just ask.

greyartist said:
how do you practice it away???
I'd be the first in line at the pharmacy to get that pill. I won't deny that fantasies feel so SO good!!  But it interferes with my life too much and doesn't let me feel genuine happiness. I did get rid of two kinds of disturbing fantasies I had often in life when I ended up in the ER  because of food poisoning. As I laid there dying the fantasies assaulted me non-stop and I found myself thinking "omg, the last thoughts of my life will be garbage pipe dreams... after that I never thought about those particular kind of fantasies again. Perhaps I associated them with physical pain at the time and well, it stuck. Now I have just two more types of fantasies I need to get rid of, but it's very hard. At least, I feel I'm half way to ending the md. I hope this doesn't offend you, I just know it in my bones that I could be a much better person if I wasn't constantly  spacing out all the time. For one thing, I would have better social skills, lol. : P
If I had a ticket to sanity I would take it.  I have a lot of talents that I could be using if I didn't get overtaken by my daydreams.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky