I stopped being active with maladaptive daydreaming years back. I have crucial responsibilities, try to stay away and concentrate, but notice that I suddenly wonder off and my eyes go dazed for a minute or so. This happens when I'm chill and during an stress-free time. Family and friends have made remarks that I look like my mind is somewhere else. I'm not sure though, it's more like I zone out. I'm trying to seek employment, but so afraid that when I start a new gig, someone will notice my eyes! Maybe even my frozen state. Unless the job is remote. 

Views: 433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i am sure of that

Last night I was so embarrassed. I was watching a Netflix movie with my dad. He had to get do something in the backyard. I began to drift off, and stopped concentrating on the dialogue. My dad came back and saw he missed important points, and asked me what happened during a scene. I had no idea! I did not answer his question. "OK you're not watching," he said. 

Do you ever trail off on movies. I do this when my dad and sister watch complex TV shows I can't comprehend. 

no like that  but i would stop the movie and start daydreaming in the middle of it and return back when i finish daydreaming but for me the complicated stories is a trigger in itself so i would very determined to understand the story i only would daydream if it's boring and sometimes i don't finis it for example movie like Oppenheimer i watched in cinema i was so excited although the movie is very long 3 hours i didn't flinch when i was watching it was very interesting for me

I have a difficult relationship with my mom. I have an interview in retail the next day. I struggled with sales in my background, but thought I'd go for experience. But she just talks me out of it with an attitude. Tells me I won't get hired or won't last. She's said this about other careers too. She thinks I'll always been good in ART, but nothing much else. She knows my mind. Sometimes I wonder, between my disability and her doubts, I stayed home for a prolonged period of time. 

I really want a permanent placement—but it's so tough out there right now. 

the importance is what you want if you want to try the retail then try as part time and try to work in art in parallel but that depend if you want that in the first place if you want it no harm in trying and even if you didn't get hired or you didn't last like your mom said that's simply means that this isn't suitable for you nothing more nothing less if you like your career try like i said to always learn new things in this career it's never late try to expand your skill set  if you don't like your career keep exploring until you find what you like don't be afraid of screwing thing up it's part of the possess be bold

I really want a permanent placement—but it's so tough out there right now.

there nothing like that in the world we live in i know that laying off in Canada is very hard because the laws there but still the contract is a contract there nothing permanent in this life unless you own your businesses and even so there still variables the can affect you business 

I'm blown away, right now. I spent the last 25 years, a person of my own world, and my town seemed to be all I needed. The back forest of my house and the field beyond seemed like a great scope for my imagination. I got inspired by many things living in that area, whether it was books, tv series, or movies. I treated it like everything was just "here." When really, everything I believed in was all between the ears, and now that I'm awake, the area has practically lost all meaning to me. And now I want to get out there, and see new things. Which is something I should've realized when I was 18. Sometimes, I wonder if I was dope!

not necessarily but i can understand that you want explore more and have more inspiration and there is nothing wrong with that same here to be honest

I feel that MD sucked my life. Now I nearly have to start over. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky