I feel like I can taste or smell or touch certain words. When I'm reading a book/article or listening to a song or watching a film, I come across the words or even the first and the last names which e.g. smell like lilies of the valley, taste like plums or feel like touching gravel. These are just among most recent associations I could think of. I mentioned this to a friend a few years ago and got "that's just weird" look, so I don't want to talk about it to anyone else person to person.

Anyone here has a same thing? It's distracting, how do I reduce it?

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What you are describing sounds like Synesthesia.

There are different forms and it is more common than most folks realize. I don't think it is considered a disorder. It can interfere with a person's daily life.

Do some research on Synesthesia. Understanding more about it may help you utilize the perspective.

I most certainly will. Thank you, this is very helpful.

Rashomon Effect said:

What you are describing sounds like Synesthesia.

There are different forms and it is more common than most folks realize. I don't think it is considered a disorder. It can interfere with a person's daily life.

Do some research on Synesthesia. Understanding more about it may help you utilize the perspective.

I had this a lot as a child, not so much these days. Certain words conjured up certain images, colours, feelings,etc.
Like Rashomon said it does sound a lot like Synesthesia. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky