Where do you go or what do you do when youve run out of ideas for a daydream?

more specifically; where do you get your main inspirtation from?

what i typically do is keep on limply dragging on my current daydream no matter how boring or ridiculous it is until i get a spark of inspiration... i typically get my inspiration from t.v, movies, a book, a song, maybe even a conversation... but enough about me tell me about you!

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my daydream instantly switches to something that isn't story-driven. Whenever I have non story driven dreams, in my mind I go to this planet I created that has no other humans on it but me and it's always summer. So I just walk around relaxing and then inspiration comes back to me
wow thats very interesting i never thought of something like that!!!  very creative!

my daydream instantly switches to something that isn't story-driven. Whenever I have non story driven dreams, in my mind I go to this planet I created that has no other humans on it but me and it's always summer. So I just walk around relaxing and then inspiration comes back to me
I rarely lose inspiration, but if I do, I try to find something like a new movie to watch or a new song to listen to. That usually does the trick.
Like you I tend to beat a dead horse until new inspiration comes to me! I have never been able to force a daydream subject. When it comes to me something just identifies with the subject in my head ie. music, tv, movies...I see someone or a storyline that just speaks to me and it is almost subconscious, the wheels get set in motion and I just go with it.
When my daydream material becomes stagnant, I can become quite sad and frustrated that I can't come up with something new.  If this occurs, I just end up reliving old scenarios and switch them up, kind of like one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books.  I get the same great feeling from the old scenario, as well as an opportunity to create a new one.

my story is just like yours. I'll keep dragging on my daydream, until I get some idea from any kind of media. If all else fails, sometimes I'll even attempt to visit previous situations that I used to be attatched to, but have moved on from. But it's always the most fun to find new ideas from music:)

Most of my daydreams get there inspiration from books...and I recently have 249 fiction books...so if you look at my profile you'll see that my daydreams are always in the same world (except when they go to Narnia or Terbithia or whatever XD) so its usually almost always the same world and I have about 5-8 favorite places in the book series (there 40 books in the series) where I like to make up my daydreams. A lot of times ill have the same story plot or whatever but its diffrent. Its the same time in the book, same charcter that I'm livimg in his mind, hearing his thoughts, but I change his thoughts and what he's thinking. Ill change conversation on like who says what, or if the charcters dies and magically comes back to life or if his true love saves him or something....so usually I never run out of inspiration. Its probably all the books....and just think I started that collection a year ago XD

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky