In chat today with a few people, and noticed most of us had Scorpio. I was wondering  what signs people on here have and if certain signs might be linked to MD. 

Views: 578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is interesting. My sister has MD and she is a Scorpio.. I'm a Taurus, though.

I'm one of the Scorpios. We're just the best :D

Scorpio

Yeah I know, but it is so weird how many people have said scorpio. Yeah there are somethings science will never explain. They are simply mysteries. 

Emilia said:

Same here. I'm scorpio.

But it seems a bit far fetched to link it directly to the stars.

If you take the long route, though you'll find some very uncanny explanations. It makes me think: well - perhaps there are some things that science can't explain.

It's okay it's not a big deal. I don't really believe in that kind of stuff really , but this conversation came up and I was just wondering. It's cool you didn't sound disrespect.

John said:

I really don't mean any disrespect, but astrology is 100% bullshit. There is absolutely no scientific evidence supporting any part of it. There is, however, a lot of psychological evidence about why people believe in it. For example, the Forer effect: http://www.skepdic.com/forer.html

Some of you have said that there are some things science will never explain, but actually, it is exactly the nature of science that it can explain everything. There are certainly things it does not explain yet, but anything that has an observable effect on the universe is within the reach of science. And if it can't effect the universe we live in, why care anyway?

I apologize if I sound rude, but pseudoscience is a big peeve I have.

No problem.

John said:

Thanks for being cool about it. Well I'm a Capricorn then, if you were curious.

Libra

Aquarius

same .Scorpio!!!

its interesting!!!! As per hindu Sign i'm Vishakham and according to that we people are very extra ordinary.but i dont believe all these things.still its pretty interesting......

It really depends.

If you go by the normal 12 star signs, I was born a Sagittarius, but was born early, and should have been born a Capricorn, I think it is.

But, if I get more complicated, the star signs have something to so with the sun and constellations, and now, the sun passes through 13 constellations (Don't quite know how to explain the 'passed through' part, but from the earth the sun goes in a line, or arc or whatever, and i think it goes over the same sky space as 12/13 constellations did, or something) So technically, I was born Ophiuchus, but should've been born a Sagittarius.

(*The 'new' star signs*

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20)

I kind of believe there could be something to it, but most of the stuff in magazines and papers is bullpoo.

I think there are things science can't explain, only because our minds won't be able to actually understand a few things, it's hard for people to truly understand things like the extent of how far away places are, and the extent of how many humans there are (yeah, we have numbers, but they're too big to really truly understand) so there will be things that, in my opinion, a human won't be able to really get their head around.

but mostly, I agree with you. But then again, I have conflicting opinions on so many things.

John said:

I really don't mean any disrespect, but astrology is 100% bullshit. There is absolutely no scientific evidence supporting any part of it. There is, however, a lot of psychological evidence about why people believe in it. For example, the Forer effect: http://www.skepdic.com/forer.html

Some of you have said that there are some things science will never explain, but actually, it is exactly the nature of science that it can explain everything. There are certainly things it does not explain yet, but anything that has an observable effect on the universe is within the reach of science. And if it can't effect the universe we live in, why care anyway?

I apologize if I sound rude, but pseudoscience is a big peeve I have.

Pisces. I saw a study somewhere or a poll and most were Pisces... but several on here are Scorpio interesting.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky