This is a place where overly imaginative and creative people gather, some with great writing talent. A lot of us have fears, violent daydreams, but instead of running, let's have some fun! 

What is the best horror story you can come up with, if the limit is two sentence?  (Challenge from Reddit) 

Here's mine: After I gulped down six beers, the guy next too me started to look really scary, his skin getting a rotten greenish color, which was a bit weird for a halucination, even in my current state. I turned the can in my hands and read the label on my drink to pass the time, and something caught my eyes: non-alcoholic.

Views: 353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Justin Bieber.  Twilight and YOLO. 

(Nice one Beef! haha)

I remember seeing this on Tumblr, originally from Reddit, I think.

I'm not really good with words, so I can't really think of any horror stories, but my two faves were:

"I went to tuck my son into bed, and he asked me to check under his bed for monsters. Humoring him, I check and see my sun huddled under the bed and he whispers, "Daddy, there's something on my bed."

"I was in my room when I heard my mother call me from downstairs. I was part way down the stairs when I heard her say, "Don't go down, I heard it too." from her room.

But seriously, in both of them- which one would you believe??

You've come home to an empty house and go to flick on the light, like every night before. But this night, when you touch the switch, you feel another hand there already.

Wish Upon A Wish said:

"I was in my room when I heard my mother call me from downstairs. I was part way down the stairs when I heard her say, "Don't go down, I heard it too." from her room.

- Hmm... I think I would do something totally unexpected, like pretending to partly fall down the stairs, so I would be still halfway, between them. My mother would surley rush over to me, even if she's afraid... If the other thing is something non-human or a monster, I don't think it has protecting instincts, and if she's trying to lure me there, I would assume she can not move towards me, or just don't want to. 

Creative Writer:

- It's a hard task to scare me, but your story was fun to read! The ghost boy tripping over his body is a bit silly XD, but well, I never saw a ghost, maybe they can fell down or trip over. I think you could make this a good story if you use a bit more suspense! 

What fun! I will try a couple, inspired from real-life events:

I was alone in the house one night, and as the wind picked up outside, I heard my school papers scattering across the table in the dining room. I slowly got up to close the windows - they were already closed. 

After my mom tucked me into bed and said goodnight, turning off the lights, I laid in bed and tried to sleep. After laying in bed for twenty minutes, the house grew silent, and as I was nodding off there was an abrupt "knock" "knock" "knock" on the wood of my bed frame.

I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and saw the tall, shadowy figure of my father standing, looking at me from the door frame. I got up as he led me into the bathroom, but when I turned on the light, there was no one there. 

For the father/son one, obviously would trust the person under the bed that looks like your son. For the mother(s) one, since you can't see the source of either voice, I would run back to my room, lock the door, call the cops. It could be that neither voice is your mom. So terrifying - thanks for sharing!

Wish Upon A Wish said:

(Nice one Beef! haha)

I remember seeing this on Tumblr, originally from Reddit, I think.

I'm not really good with words, so I can't really think of any horror stories, but my two faves were:

"I went to tuck my son into bed, and he asked me to check under his bed for monsters. Humoring him, I check and see my sun huddled under the bed and he whispers, "Daddy, there's something on my bed."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky