I know, it sounds ridiculous. When I was around eleven I was very depressed. I saw these dragon toys at a second hand store and I spent all of my allowance on them. I don't regret it. 
There is five of them. One is turquoise, and the other is icey blue. The others are red, gold/brown, and black/red. I love them like my brothers. Each of them has four wings and four limbs. The red one got into an accident and lost his two back wings. 
I have a large variety of adventures with them. Without them, I wouldn't be here today. When I had no friends, they were at my side in an instant. 

Do any of you have day dreams based around significant items? 

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for your comment DaydreamBeliever328. Do you still daydream about them? I still have constant daydreams abut mine.

DaydreamBeliever328 said:

I did the same thing when I was that age.  Many of my daydreams were based on toys I got while on vacation.  When I was a kid I was the most happy when on vacation and one time my family took a trip to Royal Gorge (near Cañon City, CO).

The gift shop sold rubber crocodiles and rubber snakes so I got a crocodile and a snake.  They were large parts of my daydreams.

My other happiest memories from childhood were going to the state fair.  I brought home a styrofoam skunk and a styrofoam lizard that had coat hanger wire leashes.  I daydreamed about the lives of styrofoam lizard and styrofoam skunk.

They reminded me of places I loved being.

I still daydream about them alot.

DaydreamBeliever328 said:

No I don't dream about them anymore but now I really miss Snake, Crocodile, Skunk and Lizard.

Almost every toy i had ended in daydreams. With different plots for different toys.

My room was a country and all toys it's inhabitants. My stuffed bunny was queen. Drawings and beings I had made out of paper (I called them "papierbeesten") also were present in this world as creatures that lived in the wilderness. My bed was a big city/ocean (complicated matter) where all stuffed animals lived. I had hundreds of them. Near my door there was the desert. My closet was a huge mountain that none of my toys could ever climb. On my desk there was The Market. There a little yellow tedibear was always selling all sorts of things to all sorts of toys (I used to collect garbage as a kid, so he was selling that). Behind my bed were the caves that run untill far under my bed. There was also a huge underground world under my desk. The shelfs for my books were a mountain area with a lot of clifs where a lot of paperbeasts lived.

Outside my room is a halway. the halway has blue stones as floor. So as a kid I interpreted as the sea. The sea lead to other toy countries. Such as my brothers and sisters room. I used to make boats for my toys to cross this sea.

I invented all this while playing. But whene I wasn't home I continued playing in my mind. See according to me every toy I had had 2 forms. Physical and mental. So irl you don't see them move, but that is because they are playing together in the "Thoughtworld" (=Gedachtenwereld) and no one notices except me. Because I was playing too in the thoughtworld.
I think I invented this to deal with the fact that my toys weren't actually alive and that must have saddend me as a kid. I strongly denied that my toys were objects.

I grew up. And eventually i don't play with my toys anymore. But I do. Just not in reality. But in the world of thoughts that I have started to call "The Dayweb"
So for me daydreams were just a way of playing. Or rather continueing to play while in reality I needed to start doing school work and grow up and stuff.

I had seperate daydreamplots for example for the lego's. Because they were an entire different type of toys that were located in another room. So they were no part of Takara (how my room was called in my head). They develeptod into cool scifi's lol. While I don't dream a lot about my room and my toys anymore, I do dream a lot about what I've build in lego's and the characters I created there. :)

When I was a kid there was a dog whose legs moved when you pulled the string so you could walk with it. We got a real dog and I loved it but my toy dog was my best friend and I would write our adventures in my composition book. Sister found book utter humiliation ensued, my mom who had her own problems told me I was a liar when I tried to say I felt Gaylord (actual toys name) was real. I kept him till he fell apart and I never tried to explain anything about daydreaming again.I grew up and we have adopted a shelter dog that isn't Gaylord but can help me channel that love. I put the dog in a story that actually got published in a magazine so Gaylord lives on.

Thank you Roel for commenting, I can relate to when you picture different scenes and adventures you had. I still make up scenarios in my mind. Even when things are happening around me and I should focus on it. Just wondering, why do you call it the "dayweb"?
Roel said:

Almost every toy i had ended in daydreams. With different plots for different toys.

My room was a country and all toys it's inhabitants. My stuffed bunny was queen. Drawings and beings I had made out of paper (I called them "papierbeesten") also were present in this world as creatures that lived in the wilderness. My bed was a big city/ocean (complicated matter) where all stuffed animals lived. I had hundreds of them. Near my door there was the desert. My closet was a huge mountain that none of my toys could ever climb. On my desk there was The Market. There a little yellow tedibear was always selling all sorts of things to all sorts of toys (I used to collect garbage as a kid, so he was selling that). Behind my bed were the caves that run untill far under my bed. There was also a huge underground world under my desk. The shelfs for my books were a mountain area with a lot of clifs where a lot of paperbeasts lived.

Outside my room is a halway. the halway has blue stones as floor. So as a kid I interpreted as the sea. The sea lead to other toy countries. Such as my brothers and sisters room. I used to make boats for my toys to cross this sea.

I invented all this while playing. But whene I wasn't home I continued playing in my mind. See according to me every toy I had had 2 forms. Physical and mental. So irl you don't see them move, but that is because they are playing together in the "Thoughtworld" (=Gedachtenwereld) and no one notices except me. Because I was playing too in the thoughtworld.
I think I invented this to deal with the fact that my toys weren't actually alive and that must have saddend me as a kid. I strongly denied that my toys were objects.

I grew up. And eventually i don't play with my toys anymore. But I do. Just not in reality. But in the world of thoughts that I have started to call "The Dayweb"
So for me daydreams were just a way of playing. Or rather continueing to play while in reality I needed to start doing school work and grow up and stuff.

I had seperate daydreamplots for example for the lego's. Because they were an entire different type of toys that were located in another room. So they were no part of Takara (how my room was called in my head). They develeptod into cool scifi's lol. While I don't dream a lot about my room and my toys anymore, I do dream a lot about what I've build in lego's and the characters I created there. :)

Thank you for sharing Virginia Rf. Words can not express how much that was hurtful of your family to do that. At least he still lives on through your thoughts and your heart. I hope things have gotten better.
Virginia Rf said:

When I was a kid there was a dog whose legs moved when you pulled the string so you could walk with it. We got a real dog and I loved it but my toy dog was my best friend and I would write our adventures in my composition book. Sister found book utter humiliation ensued, my mom who had her own problems told me I was a liar when I tried to say I felt Gaylord (actual toys name) was real. I kept him till he fell apart and I never tried to explain anything about daydreaming again.I grew up and we have adopted a shelter dog that isn't Gaylord but can help me channel that love. I put the dog in a story that actually got published in a magazine so Gaylord lives on.

I remember having to do that for one of my dear toys. It was a Tera figurine from Teen Titans. I had her for a very long time and we went through so much together. She helped me get through things with life and she was in fact a friend to the dragons I mentioned before. They even think of her as a sister from another mother kind of thing. One day my friend's dumb dog had grabbed her while I was sleeping and tore her to pieces. I cried for the loss of her for days. I gave her a burial and I laid her to rest. I still think of her often but more in real time. Like such as in my day dreams my dragons would get sad at the mention of her. I can't relive minutes with her but I can most certainly treasure her memories. 

I am sorry for reminding you about your friend. Just do not feel guilty, I'm sure that is what he would have wanted to not live life in pain. Just be sure to treasure those memories and move through the grief. 
Fitri Kamelia said:

Once I ever had a frog plushie at 4 yo, which I simply called it 'Frog' and refer it as male. Like many girls, I DD about him as an English gentlemen who attend tea party, and stuff like 'would you like some tea? with milk or lemon?'. But in 7 yo, I made another character which not based by significant items and gradually forget my DD with Frog. Yet I still kept him in wardrobe until 17 years old when the plushie damaged due its age. Some parts ripped and its contents scattered. I saw him as an old gentleman who can't die but he surely want to, and I choose to cut him apart to help him die before I put it in plastic and dump it.

Thanks for remind me. Now I remember I had another DD in childhood. I kinda regret for what I did, but it's the only choice to save him from agony

It's very difficult for me to explain why it is called "Dagweb" (translated as Dayweb but that is just one letter difference :p) this may go over your head.

Just one day I realised it needed a name. Of everything I ever perceived my life, 10% of it was part of reality. And 90% was part of ... something else. So I had to start naming all other worlds that i saw, besides reality.

It's called Dayweb because it's the opposite of the Nightland. I invented the name of the Nightland first and thought day was a good name for the second and most biggest world. Night and day :)

Basicly the nightland is the collection of all dreams I ever had while sleeping, and the dayweb are all daydreams I invented myself during the day.

It is called web because of a character. I used to have a daydream about my own organs. Every organ was portraited as a humanlike being that looked simular to how the organ looked and behaved as a person, parallel to the function of the organ. In that dayream all my organs argued over things I did etc. I believe they made an animated movie about a simular concept recently (Inside Out, I'm definetly going to watch it :D) The daydream was like that. Only very violent because many organs tried to kill eachothers/capture eachothers/torture eachothers/shut the body down. (this dream happened during autistic puberty, it was very very violent and sadistic and weird...) anyways one character was my brain. And brain was portraited as someone with a big head and long spider leg-like fingers. He sat in a cockpit, isolated from everything. There he controled the entire body. And he also made dreams, using his spider-ish fingers he wove dreams simular to the way spiders make webs.

And so because of the way I visualised my own brain creating all my dreams, like he was weaving one great web, I decided to call it a web. But it doesn't actually have the shape of a web. More like stormy cloud in which every raindrop is a dream.

I hope that made any sense to you ;)

The dayweb exists on it's own, without a link to reality. But I have extracted some things from reality into the dayweb. My toys (and the thoughtworld as the place where they went is called) is a good example of that

Hello again Roel, thanks again for replying. I understand your explanation. This is pretty intense, but it's sort of similar to mine on how I see it. When I slip into daydreaming, I tend to picture bubbles floating around. Each bubble has a whole world inside. Like a different dimension in each bubble. Some I prefer more than others, never the less they are all different worlds. I hope you are having a good weekend.

Roel said:

It's very difficult for me to explain why it is called "Dagweb" (translated as Dayweb but that is just one letter difference :p) this may go over your head.

Just one day I realised it needed a name. Of everything I ever perceived my life, 10% of it was part of reality. And 90% was part of ... something else. So I had to start naming all other worlds that i saw, besides reality.

It's called Dayweb because it's the opposite of the Nightland. I invented the name of the Nightland first and thought day was a good name for the second and most biggest world. Night and day :)

Basicly the nightland is the collection of all dreams I ever had while sleeping, and the dayweb are all daydreams I invented myself during the day.

It is called web because of a character. I used to have a daydream about my own organs. Every organ was portraited as a humanlike being that looked simular to how the organ looked and behaved as a person, parallel to the function of the organ. In that dayream all my organs argued over things I did etc. I believe they made an animated movie about a simular concept recently (Inside Out, I'm definetly going to watch it :D) The daydream was like that. Only very violent because many organs tried to kill eachothers/capture eachothers/torture eachothers/shut the body down. (this dream happened during autistic puberty, it was very very violent and sadistic and weird...) anyways one character was my brain. And brain was portraited as someone with a big head and long spider leg-like fingers. He sat in a cockpit, isolated from everything. There he controled the entire body. And he also made dreams, using his spider-ish fingers he wove dreams simular to the way spiders make webs.

And so because of the way I visualised my own brain creating all my dreams, like he was weaving one great web, I decided to call it a web. But it doesn't actually have the shape of a web. More like stormy cloud in which every raindrop is a dream.

I hope that made any sense to you ;)

The dayweb exists on it's own, without a link to reality. But I have extracted some things from reality into the dayweb. My toys (and the thoughtworld as the place where they went is called) is a good example of that

God, I'm just posting to say how thoroughly fantastic these posts are. I was laughing out loud at some of them. I particularly enjoyed the organ daydream. These were all great reads. Its great to hear some really positive and funny daydreams with such exhaustive imagination land outsets. :)

haha Sally thanks :D

There's this group somewhere here where people share daydreamplots as discussions (I've put many of mine there, eventhough some are unfinished because I'm a very lazy writer). http://wildminds.ning.com/group/write-your-dd-plots

And yeah... Organs. A kids mind makes up weird stuff. All good stuff I ever came up with tho was from whene I was young :)

Bubbles are cool!
Rightnow I'm having trouble with visualising the entirety of my daydream worlds. Whene I try to draw it, I end up making flow charts some how hahaha. But earlier on I had many visualisations of it. I think the earliest was a temple full of portals (gateways, magical doors that lead to dreams). But i also remember them all floating through a void like planets or pieces of land.

When I was a child I'd do this too. I don't daydream about them anymore, but I get very attached to objects. I actually get emotional when things happen to the machines at my workplace. I find myself talking about them like they're people.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky