The London Olympics have been hot lately. It's all on TV and you get to see people become famous as they show off their talent. Has anyone somehow incorporated the Olympics in their fantasies at all?

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not really the Olympics, but watching them is the first time I've ever seen cross-country riding, so I've had me doing comps a few times, and coming second 'cause I think it'd be a little unrealistic if I came first, but no big, high-level comps or anything.

Oh yes.  One of my characters is an Olympic gymnast who just won gold.  :)  

Yes, I have incorporated the Olympics into my fantasies. There is so much media coverage of the events, and the world pays so much attention to the games, that it is very hard to ignore it as a venue for daydreams. I always found it easy to project my daydream characters into the Olympics. Better said, I always found it hard to resist projecting my fantasies onto the Olympic Games. There is the drama that embues the competitor's experience in training and competing, and of course, there is the glory of actually winning and even breaking world records. My most developed Olympic character was a female track and field star who won three gold medals. My fantasies are for the most part historical, so you could say she was a fantasy athlete of a past Olympic Games. But seriously, it is hard to think that even real athletes don't use their own inner vision of winning, to achieve their athletic feats. Imagining that one has done something is a tool to helping you carry it out.

which one. aly or gabby?

Cordellia Amethyste Rose said:

Oh yes.  One of my characters is an Olympic gymnast who just won gold.  :)  

@ wish, what is comps? I guess I should know, but I'm coming up short there.

Wish Upon A Wish said:

Not really the Olympics, but watching them is the first time I've ever seen cross-country riding, so I've had me doing comps a few times, and coming second 'cause I think it'd be a little unrealistic if I came first, but no big, high-level comps or anything.

No, not a real Olympian, one of my characters.  All my characters are completely fictional.  

Comps=competitions. I always say comps because that's what my sister always called rock climbing competitions (we both did climbing for quite a while, but I never competed, she did.)

Teagan Heart said:

@ wish, what is comps? I guess I should know, but I'm coming up short there.

Wish Upon A Wish said:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky