Survey. Gathering Info. on MD PLEASE PARTICIPATE IF U CAN

The reason why im doing this is because MD is very vague. There isn't much info. on it.I want to perhaps do a project on this for my psychology class. Please answer these questions. I apologize beforehand if this is too unprofessional as this is the first time ive done anything like this.

-When did you first start experiencing MD?

-Describe your personality, are you  outgoing person or reserved?

-If your still in school what is your social status are you looked upon as a nerd or are you popular and well liked?

-Do you describe yourself as successful in real life?

-What triggers your MD?

-What subjects are you profecient in? (Math, English, History...)

-Do you find it hard to focus or does your mind easily wander?

To answer my own questions...

I started when I was young. I cant really remember but i think i always had the tendency to daydream.

I'm a very quiet and awkward person. I think the reason why MD is so severe is because of this.

Im probably considered an outcast and a loner.

Im only in highschool but i have somewhat good grades.

Anything. From music to my surrounding ambiance... 

Im good at English, History.

My mind wanders easily.

Views: 1286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started to escape from reality when I was 12 or 13. I was being tortured at school and was suicidal. I started reading all of the time to survive. I can't remember much about that time but I can tell you the plot of any book I read during that time. When I got to high school things got better. I do remember that I started daydreaming a lot though.

I am very shy. I can cover it up fairly well. I do have issues interacting with people. I hate talking on the phone. If I can get around calling someplace I will.

-If your still in school what is your social status are you looked upon as a nerd or are you popular and well liked?

I was a geek. Most of my friends were geeks but I always felt more awkward then them.

No, I've been having trouble functioning over the last eight years. I suffer from depression in the winter and it has spiraled. I have become isolated.

-What triggers your MD?

Stress, music, and  boredom.

History and art

I find it extremely difficult to focus and not daydream. It has become my social life it seems.

I think I started DDing around fourth grade. I am quiet but I can be extremely outgoing. I am not an outcast, but I'm not popular; I'm just my own person. I am very successful at school and otherwise, and my best subject is English by far. It is also my favorite subject. Just about anything can be a trigger for me. Books, movies, particularly music. I find it very hard to focus, often my mind wanders off into a daydream and I barely notice. It's an almost constant thing for me. Hope this helps! :)

As long as I can remember, very early childhood I remember daydreaming about things.

I am a definite introvert and fairly reserved.  I have always had only very few close friends that I felt I could be myself around, though no one was ever made aware of my serious daydreaming.  Due to the introvert in me, I need my alone time.  I come from a big family who live almost 3 hours away.  I go visit occasionally on the weekends and see everyone but when I get back to my place I need some serious alone time to recharge.

I was voted most shy of my senior class, though that was many years ago.  Always felt awkward, like I never really fit in anywhere.  I wasn't popular, I was just that quiet girl with long blonde hair that could twirl a baton.  Still keep only a handful of friends, though not one of them know about my excessive daydreaming, or alternative life, as I call it.  I have noticed that I tend to get close to people then 'cut' them out of my life.  I've had several close friends in my life as I look back but very few have been around the whole time.  I could go into therapist mode and say that maybe I cut people out to see if they let me.  Is the little girl worth the effort?  Can you prove your trustworthiness for this little girl who had no one to trust all those years ago?  Most of the time the answer is no.  But I have a few friends that no matter how much I have tried to avoid their calls, texts, emails, etc. they never give up.  They just give me space.

I feel that I am successful, careerwise.  I am now a mental health therapist.  Ironic?  I have never had a serious relationship, single, no children.  That tends to be where my daydreaming focuses.  My being 'normal' in that facet of life.

-What triggers your MD?

Waking up.  :)  Anything really.  I have to drive long distances to work so alot of time there.  Love music, it is my method of therapy, but also a time to daydream.  Of course any major stressor is a trigger, so long as I am alone.  If I am handling someone elses stressor I am all business.

English, Reading.  I love to read and to write and to choreograph, and make things beautiful.  The creative part of MDD.

I can focus when I have something to focus on.  For example, work.  I never daydream when I am with a client.  I am listening and trying to help that client.  I love to read so that is an easy focus most of the time.  If I am overly-stressed it can be a little more difficult.

As most of you know, especially those of us that have lived with this for decades, it is extremely cumbersome.  Living two lives is quite stressful.  My outside world, and my inside world.  I of course prefer my inside world because I control what happens there.  There may be danger, just like the outside world, but I'm always safe there.  I control it.  I liken myself to an author.  An author really gets into the lives of her characters, especially those who write ongoing series about particular characters.  I feel the same way; I see what the background looks like, the house, etc.  Instead of putting the words down on paper, the story just runs through my head.

First experienced about 4 years ago, and iam a 10th grader right now.

I am outgoing , i like having fun and hanging out with friends. 

iam pretty smart, but not quite a nerd , I am friends with pretty much everyone. but lookin at the popular kids make me upset.

no, i dont consider succesful , this whole MD thing is getting in my way

everything triggers my MD 

i like math 

i find it very very hard to focus

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky