Survey. Gathering Info. on MD PLEASE PARTICIPATE IF U CAN

The reason why im doing this is because MD is very vague. There isn't much info. on it.I want to perhaps do a project on this for my psychology class. Please answer these questions. I apologize beforehand if this is too unprofessional as this is the first time ive done anything like this.

-When did you first start experiencing MD?

-Describe your personality, are you  outgoing person or reserved?

-If your still in school what is your social status are you looked upon as a nerd or are you popular and well liked?

-Do you describe yourself as successful in real life?

-What triggers your MD?

-What subjects are you profecient in? (Math, English, History...)

-Do you find it hard to focus or does your mind easily wander?

To answer my own questions...

I started when I was young. I cant really remember but i think i always had the tendency to daydream.

I'm a very quiet and awkward person. I think the reason why MD is so severe is because of this.

Im probably considered an outcast and a loner.

Im only in highschool but i have somewhat good grades.

Anything. From music to my surrounding ambiance... 

Im good at English, History.

My mind wanders easily.

Views: 1286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't remember a time that I didn't DD

I used to be quiet and reserved. I had to be outspoken to make a living in my profession, so I am able to put up a front. Interaction with people can be very tiresome to me. I am very selective about who I socialize with.

-If your still in school what is your social status are you looked upon as a nerd or are you popular and well liked?

I'm 46. People who went to school with me recall my rebellious nature, dry sense of humor, me getting into a lot of trouble and being very intelligent. I got good grades but never paid attention in class.

I would and anybody who knows me would too. I grew up poor. Making money was important to me at a young age. I can't recall a time that I've had financial problems.

-What triggers your MD?

Stress more than anything else

I pick up on anything pretty easy. I enjoy English and History more than math.

I put in effort to controlling MD. It takes a short amount of time to learn to focus. I probably have better concentration skills than most people.

Oh, by the way, I have always been arrogant. Very arrogant. I think MDers are in general. Choosing to live in your own dream world because the real world doesn't suite you, that, to me, is arrogant.

I've always been a bit of a daydreamer, but it really didn't become MD I guess until about two years ago.

I'm very shy and reserved, unless I'm with friends then I'm all insane and hyper.

Loner, quiet nice girl, and nerd because I'm smart.

Hmm depends on what the subject is. For example I excel in academics, while I fail in a social life.

-What triggers your MD?

Almost everything (boredom,television,music, etc.)

English, social studies, math, and science. I'm basically good at all subjects, however it mainly depends on the unit or what we are learning.

Yes especially when I'm trying to sleep or during school( How I still mange to get good grades confuses me, but I just do).

-As far back as I can remember.

-I vary. I can be extremely energetic and outgoing but for the most part I'm very introverted, quiet, and shy away from social situations.

-I'm the quiet one who doesn't speak unless spoken to. If I'm asked a question I think my voice notably shakes. But I don't think I'm considered a "nerd" or anything. Just kind of there, but easy to lookover, if that makes sense.

- I'm only 18, so it's hard to say. I have goals but am not at a point where I can act on them..

-Everything does.  Music, quiet, stress, work, school etc.

-English and History, anything to do with memory.

-My mind is wandering all the time. Anytime that I try to focus, my mind is gone before I even realize.

Good luck on your project!

-When did you first start experiencing MD?  I was very young. I remember doing it as a toddler but I don't remember the first time.

-Describe your personality, are you  outgoing person or reserved?  I am very reserved and dislike most people. If I am around someone I enjoy the company of, I am awkward and childish.

-If your still in school what is your social status are you looked upon as a nerd or are you popular and well liked? Most people ignore me, so I am not sure what they consider my status to be. A few people have teased me in the past because I have difficulty speaking.

-Do you describe yourself as successful in real life?  No. I get good grades but I don't care enough and I don't plan on going to college.

-What triggers your MD? Music, chaotic or strange events that happen to me, books, televison and movies.

-What subjects are you profecient in? (Math, English, History...) Math and art.

-Do you find it hard to focus or does your mind easily wander? Well I usually don't try to focus so I am not really sure.

Also I can agree with what Roger Lyda said about being arrogant.

My daydreaming didn't become "Maladaptive" until I was 13 years old. Now I'm 23.

Introverted, shy, friendly, childlike~

I was the quiet "smart" girl who was left alone until people wanted to copy my answers for their homework.

Yes and no. I made a great achievement by graduating from college, but I'm having a hard time putting my degree to good use. I have a long way to go before I feel truly successful.

-What triggers your MD?

Nothing in particular. It goes on constantly for me. But some things will make it more intense, such as listening to music.

Psychology, English (writing), and Computer Keyboarding LOL.

Yes to both.

Be sure to check out Cynthia's paper for the most accurate information.

1.  I can't remember not DD'ing, although I didn't see it as abnormal, and didn't see it as an obstacle to doing any thing  that I wanted.  In looking back, I see that it did interfere with certain things, but I didn't see it at the time.  And I certainly gained more than I ever lost from it.

2. I am considered an extrovert by others, but actually need a lot of alone time.  Decided against having kids, for instance, as I couldn't imagine giving up all that "down" time.

3. I was generally popular in high school.  Started having boy friends very young.

4.  I chose a career that didn't make lots of money - social worker/therapist - but has been very fulfilling.  Also have a great marriage.  And help run an animal shelter.

5. Anything can trigger it - favorite celebs, music, hearing poetry, a new name, something that just appeals to me for whatever reason.

6.  In college, I majored in French Existential Drama; loved languages, math, psychology, philosophy, history, religion, on & on.

7.  I can focus so intently that I don't hear phones, doorbell, etc.  I love getting in this "zone."  It's a feeling similar to DD'ing.  At other times, my mind will wander.  My DD'ing goes on almost constantly if I am not intensely focused, but can shift between foreground & background from minute to minute.

Good luck on your report.  Let us know how it turns out or if there is anything else we could do to help.

For as long as I can remember. Early childhood or toddlerhood.

I am not exactly shy, but not outgoing either. I don't generally have trouble with people except that I'm absolutely phobic of asking people to 'hang out' with me, which really hinders my ability to make friends :/

I was never popular at all in high school because I had poor social skills (largely due to inexperience due to MD). My social skills have gotten better over the years, and I've found most people I meet seem to like me. However I do have trouble initiating and maintaining friendships for reasons stated above.

I would say I am successful at school. I don't have a job though.

-What triggers your MD?

Being alone in my room; coming back from a social situation; coming back from ANY public situation; MUSIC FOR sure; coming across random facts; coming across any random observations. SO yeah... hard to avoid the trigs

I am best at the social sciences and humanities :3 Majoring in sociology

It depends. When I am alone, I sometimes find it impossible to focus. In public I can almost always focus unless I'm falling asleep. So I do most of my readings and homework at the library.

- I started experiencing MD around 5 or 6 years old
- Im fairly outgoing and I'm average I'm not a nerd or a loser but I'm not the most popular person and well liked.
- music, movies sometimes trigger my MD
- my strongest subject is English
- it does get hard at times to focus when your MD is triggered and I've failed uncouple classes because of that

-When I was a little kid

-Very reserved, finds people boring and shallow, prefers to sit and write stories, poetry or in my diary.

-I'm at college (ENGLISH college, not university) and there's not really popular and such, so I can't identify.

-Vaguely, not in all things.

-Music, anything sexual, stories, films, things I hear people say...

-English, History, Philosophy and learning languages.

- My mind easily wanders.

9 mths ago and I am 46

Very introverted

Years ago but I was one of the odd balls, no group.

Yes, I have been to college and have a good job and a husband of 16yrs.

-What triggers your MD?

walking, music, concentrating too long on anything.

I was always good in math and I am an artist but horrible in english and spelling.

wanders easily.

When I was a child. After my parents split up and my mothers abuse started, around 6 years old.

-Describe your personality, are you outgoing person or reserved?

Reserved. Very reserved.

Not going to school now, but back when I was, I was neither. Even the nerds in school rejected me.

Hell no. I'm a big loser in life.

-What triggers your MD?

Music. A picture of a pretty girl. My mothers abuse. My boring life in general. I could be at work doing my mundane job when I'll escape to my fantasy world.

Well, in high school I was pretty good at math. But is say in much better at history now.

My mind indeed does easily wander. In my fantasies I do stray from one scene back to another. I can't really seem to focus for long.

I don't ever remember not doing some type of MD. My entire life, which is almost 24 years.

I am pretty outgoing usually, especially with my small group of friends and family I think people would be shocked to find out about my inner battle with MD. On some occasions I am a little spacey and prefer to be alone. I used to be really shy when I was little though. 

I generally got along with everyone in school even though I wasn't the "popular" person meaning I didn't go to parties and drink or do some drugs. I had my group of friends though and many acquaintances. I blossomed more in college and got involved in a wonderful christian sorority and made some amazing friends. I did well in some art classes and I was on council in my sorority but I still didn't go out with all of my classmates a lot. I know how to hide my dd life on the outside very well. 

I would think so, there are some things that I would have liked to accomplish by now or have done differently but I have gotten a degree and have a steady job right now. I also have people who care about me in my life and I care for them. My dd gives me higher expectations of myself that I want to achieve which may not happen, so I need to focus on making the most of my life right now. I do think I need to be more passionate about my goals in the real world. 

-What triggers your MD?

mainly music, tv shows/anime shows, movies, books, pictures, and pretty much anything that peaks my interest where I can create a scenario or story off of. Even past occurrences. 

English, History, some pyschology, fine arts, basically the humanities. I did well in biology but not many sciences. I detest math.

Depends. Some periods of time or certain periods in my life I have been able to focus easier and control my mind wandering when it became too much. Other times it wants to wander a great deal and its harder for me to stop it. 

Roger's idea about us being arrogant maybe somewhat true if you think about it. Even if its DDing about helping or making a difference, we're still not doing it and choosing to stay in our world. Its like this one isn't good enough for us. I don't think we mean for it to be that way though, interesting. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky