Hi everyone, 

I haven't posted in a forum in a while, but here goes: 

Since the last two weeks I've been experiencing a compulsive need to visualize stories in my head. I have lost interest in everything else I used to like doing: daily chores, assignments and even food. All I want to do is be in bed, finish the stories in my head and eventually go to sleep when I'm too tired to imagine. I've been creating these since childhood but only recently did I learn to visualize them with immaculate details and now it's basically taking over my normal life. I never (ever) posted things online, but I feel that this is new and I need some help to get out of this. 

I hope to see some replies, thank you! 

-R.

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried medication?

Hi,

I read your post and my heart goes out to you .

I can identify with you ,my having had MD for almost 63 yrs.( unknowingly,  until about 2 months ago). It almost destroyed my life,... causing personality disorder, paranoia , withdrawal, fears of all kind, anxiety, and a host of other disorders.

But I Thank God that He heard my disparing cry for help, and He came  in and delivered me.  Confessing my sins according to(l John 1:9) that says,...  "If we confess our sins , he is faithful and just to for give us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness ".   Believing that God is truly faithful and just to hear  my cry and forgive my sin , I began  praying a prayer from ...(Psalm 38:21-22, 15) "Do not forsake me , O Lord ; O my God, "do not be far from me !  "Make haste to help me, O Lord ,my salvation!"  For "I hope in YOU , O Lord ; You will answer , O Lord , my God".

I'm convinced that if you do the same thing,.... God WILL hear and answer you ,...bringing deliverance your way !!

He is still working on me as I continue to pray , study my bible and yield my life over to Him.  

God is GOOD and he truly loves us !

Note: We have a Group (here at wildminds) called  "Spiritual Enlightenment " ...our focus is  Prayer , Encouragement,  Deliverance, and soul salvation. (you are welcome to join us  or  place a prayer request)

( Our prayer time is   5 am -  12 noon  -  &  9 pm  )

" Be Encouraged"

Hello,

I've experienced the same thing as you have, although not completely to the degree that you have. Sometimes daydreaming and depression can be a vicious cycle: certain problems and situations in life might trigger your mind to start daydreaming, and in turn your excessive daydreaming makes the problems in your life worse because you're not able to properly address them. As you continue down the cycle your daydreams may get progressively stronger, more detailed, or prolonged. However, despite how deep we are in the cycle of daydreaming, there are many ways out.

I would say our main objective must be centered around building and living the lifestyle we've always wanted. To get started, we need to be really kind to ourselves and set small goals. These goals could be in any area, from academics to fitness to even simply learning a new skill. For example, maybe you might set a goal for yourself to take a five minute walk outside. In that case, go on the walk, regardless of whether you feel like it or not. It is absolutely crucial that you're able to follow up on whatever goal you set, because by doing so, you slowly build up the integrity with yourself necessary to improve your life. As time goes on, your ability to lead a happy and fulfilling life will start to reemerge, and in the process, your urges to daydream will begin to decrease.

I hope this helps and I truly wish the best of luck for you! Remember that everyone on this site is here to support you, so definitely don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. I feel like I have days I feel fine and allow myself to do the daily tasks I'm supposed to. However, as soon as I find that one quiet moment in my day (either bed time or when no one is around) I begin the cycle of daydreaming. I do think that it is closely linked to feeling empty and unhappy -- because it seems like a place I escape to when real life isn't working out so well. 

Ulaan Gom, I love your suggestions and I also believe that if I set certain goals (which I do have), I could probably get out of this, but as of right now-- it seems very difficult. 

It's strange because nothing absolutely terrible has happened to me to become so unhappy suddenly. Seems like depression (or a form of such condition) can occur at any point. 

Evelyn, Thank you for your reply -- although I'm not Christian, I do believe in the power of God and know that it can bring me comfort. I always try to communicate with Him in my own way to seek for help :-) 

luna lancaster: I have not tried any medications yet and honestly think that at the moment, I don't need it but sometimes I do get some very deep unpleasant thoughts that make me think whether I need them? 

@RUN If possible go see a doctor. If you are infact clinically depressed then yes you should get the help you need. Just convince yourself to get to a doctor's office, any doctor will do.

You can try different strategies,the most crucial one being change your environment, force yourself to get out of the house. Leave the door of your room open no matter what. Stop sleeping on the same side of the bed, stop sitting on the same side of the couch. Watch news channels, they keep you engaged and in the present moment.

Get well soon buddy.

Thanks man! I might want to make an appointment soon but  I want to give some suggestions a try. I do actually do out of the house a lot but I again do that to get out of the environment. I'm close to my family, but these days it feels like I'm caring less and less. I sometimes sit in trains for longer than needed, just to be alone with my earphones and music. I'm trying.

Aquarius said:

@RUN If possible go see a doctor. If you are infact clinically depressed then yes you should get the help you need. Just convince yourself to get to a doctor's office, any doctor will do.

You can try different strategies,the most crucial one being change your environment, force yourself to get out of the house. Leave the door of your room open no matter what. Stop sleeping on the same side of the bed, stop sitting on the same side of the couch. Watch news channels, they keep you engaged and in the present moment.

Get well soon buddy.

Aww you're breaking my heart, hang in there. And i'm a gal yo!

I wanted to update you all that I'm doing slightly better -- at least for the past two days I've been feeling less inclined to cry all day -- hehe. I'm still compulsively daydreaming but it hasn't quite been as bad as it was. I think working and keeping myself busy really helps. 

Thank you all for the support. Really appreciate all the advice. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky