Just wanted to make a small, small post alerting you guys that there's a new kid on the forums so no one will freak out if they see some random person posting on all the threads.

 

Anyways, I am 19 and my name is Maria.  It's my middle name but my mother calls me Maria and my first name is just way too recognizable and I have a terrible fear of someone I know in real life finding me on the internet.

 

I was so eager to join when I found this site because I don't know how to feel about this excessive daydreaming and I'm just...confused.  Is this a disease?  Should I try to fix it or see if it will go away on its own?  I dunno :p

 

I'd really like to meet you all and...converse I guess.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ayee. The Names Zackk. I do excessive daydreaming also. From what i've researched it's not an legal medical disease, but yeahh, I day dream too. I have now for about 4-5 years, and it's kind of bittersweet for me. When i daydream, i do it when im swinging on a swing mainly, and i know im to old for swinging but the daydreaming gives me such a natural high so i don't want to stop. Do you get a naturally high good feeling while or once your done daydreaming? And for your question on whether you should seek help... Well id suggest that you seek help if it starts to impact your life negatively. Say if your grades start to slip, job goes down the drain, or house becomes a mess because of your excessive daydreaming, then i would seek help.

 

Welcome to wild minds, both of you :)

MDD has only recently really been considered a disorder, but don't take my word as I don't know too much,

Maria, you don't want to get rid of it, you want to learn how to control it so you can still live a healthy life.

No no no, you definitely don't want it to go away. Just play with it a bit and get it working for you. Trust me, it's a huge advantage in the fight against boredom and meaninglessness. 

 

Maladaptive is a good term for it, it's not quite fit for it's social environment. With a bit of mental engineering, you can find ways to fit in, even excel without compromising what you are.

 

The easy way is to be an artist, since your imagination is stuck in overdrive. You might find yourself gravitating towards others like you if you choose this path.

 

Yeah, lets converse!

Ditto about the real life thing. It's not a huge fear, but I probably wouldn't be able to be myself as much

Yea I guess I do feel sort of a "high"  once I'm done daydreaming.  Well maybe not a high, just really calm, and warm and I love doing it.  I like it.  I need to start using it more as a stress reliever rather than a tool for procrastination, ugh.  And you're never too old for swinging.  I think it's interesting that you daydream on a swing.  That might be part of why you get such a good feeling from it.

Romeofro said:

Ayee. The Names Zackk. I do excessive daydreaming also. From what i've researched it's not an legal medical disease, but yeahh, I day dream too. I have now for about 4-5 years, and it's kind of bittersweet for me. When i daydream, i do it when im swinging on a swing mainly, and i know im to old for swinging but the daydreaming gives me such a natural high so i don't want to stop. Do you get a naturally high good feeling while or once your done daydreaming? And for your question on whether you should seek help... Well id suggest that you seek help if it starts to impact your life negatively. Say if your grades start to slip, job goes down the drain, or house becomes a mess because of your excessive daydreaming, then i would seek help.

 

Hey thanks for the welcome.  That's what I've got to work on I guess.  Just controlling it.  Because it's kind of out of control I think.

The Altruist said:

Welcome to wild minds, both of you :)

MDD has only recently really been considered a disorder, but don't take my word as I don't know too much,

Maria, you don't want to get rid of it, you want to learn how to control it so you can still live a healthy life.

Yea, that's what I've just started doing recently.  Trying to control it by turning by daydreams into art.  It works some but I always daydream when I'm bored and I get bored so easily that I start doing it in class when I need to be paying attention haha.

Delorean Jones said:

No no no, you definitely don't want it to go away. Just play with it a bit and get it working for you. Trust me, it's a huge advantage in the fight against boredom and meaninglessness. 

 

Maladaptive is a good term for it, it's not quite fit for it's social environment. With a bit of mental engineering, you can find ways to fit in, even excel without compromising what you are.

 

The easy way is to be an artist, since your imagination is stuck in overdrive. You might find yourself gravitating towards others like you if you choose this path.

 

Yeah, lets converse!

Ditto about the real life thing. It's not a huge fear, but I probably wouldn't be able to be myself as much

Never wrote a blog but I'm sure I can figure it out .

Thank you hyperhero :)

RSS

© 2022   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky