I just found out about this website and thought I’d give it a try. I’ve been maladaptive daydreaming for as long as I can remember. I didn’t really notice it as a child but as I got older I tended to daydream for hours right before bed. Sometimes I would lose sleep from daydreaming, but I honestly felt that it was worth it because I enjoy daydreaming so much.

My characters or storyline often changes when I get a new idea or when I get bored with what’s happening with my characters. I’m not my main character ever. My main characters are always white females (I’m a woman of color) and they tend to have these perfect cookie cutter lives.

I feel that MD has affected my life negatively. I have social anxiety and ADD and I feel like MD has fed into these disorders, making them much worse.

I guess I’m just looking for someone who’s in similar situation. It’s been lonely and having MD is my darkest secret I’d like to talk to someone who’s going through the same thing.

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am the same as you. I usually don't get proper sleep due to staying up all night daydreaming. Even when I wake up in the mornings I still remain in bed for the longest time, still being immersed in my storylines and characters.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky