I went to watch Catching fire with my friends, and before the film started, one of the showed trailers was The secret life of Walter Mitty with Ben Stiller as main character. 

I did not know, there is was an earlier version of this from 1947.

The synopsis is: 

(for the 2013 version:)

A day-dreamer escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, he takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.

The trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbD7r4-HcWE

I'm really curious about what you think. Is there anyone who saw the 1947 version? 

Views: 567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was originally a short story.  You should read it.  It's interesting.  

Thank you, I didn't know that! This is completley unrecognized in my country, I never heard about it before. Well, we learn something every day. I'll definitely read it if I can find it before watching the movie! 

Just watching the trailer...Oh man, this is like my life. I find it a little amusing, yet scary about how I can relate to what most people will be viewing as a entertaining film about something that's not real.  Thanks for sharing, I'd heard of this film, but not seen what it was about until now.

Thank you again! 

Now, I'm wondering if there's more stories like this. It would be fun, making a list about books, movies and other media related to daydreaming. 

Of course there are medical papers and all, but I think sometimes it's interesting to read or see how others interpret it in an artistic way. 

It's crazy but I didn't even think about the movie that way! I saw the preview in passing but didn't think anything of it...I'm definitely curious to see how it pans out

I did read the short story a while back, but wow, I have never seen something that shows md so dang well. It would actually probably be pretty good to explain it to people. "It's what Walter Mitty does, you know, from that movie?"

I'm afraid that it's probably going to suck.

Two weeks ago I started dreaming about some video, like a social advertising, about MD. I already have all the scenario in my head, even a good music, but I'm not a director, it's a pity.

It is always interesting to know if some famous people have it...I'm sure there are some.

When I was a kid I actually wanted to became a film director.Later, I even went to school and get a BA degree in film studies, but in my country the movie industry is really small. My chances are better if I write a book, maybe some day someone will make a film adaptation.
I read about fantasy prone personality, and quite a few writers had that condition, I'm pretty sure there are famous people with MD right now.
I had to read the story for school. I clearly remember thinking "Oh no, I'm gonna end up like this if I'm not careful". (My MDD was actually more under control back then.)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky