Has anyone here tried battling their MD with yoga or meditation? I was thinking yoga might help, because you're taught to be more aware of yourself (for me, DD is kind of like nail biting - I kind of slip into it without noticing). It's also a discipline that deals a lot with "living in the present". And the potential of meditation in helping is obvious. Any positive experiences with the two?

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People on here have posted that meditation has worked for them, so it might be worth trying.  It didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.    

I have tried yoga and it kind of helped for me. Yoga helped me stay still and just relax. With my MD i alays feel restless and constantly moving so it helped me stay still.

I tried yoga and meditation. They helped me clear my mind and become more aware of the present. This is important because my finals are coming up and I need to study. However, the effects are temporary so I have to keep doing it, perhaps 6-10 minutes everyday, to reap long-term benefits. You can make mindfulness a habit. Whether you're at school or driving on the road, when you find your mind wandering you can tell yourself to come back into the present moment.

I'm about to try a meditation routine (hopefully daily). It's not for my MD, but it's based on the book "177 Secrets of Mental Toughness for the World Class." I basically recorded the parts of the book worth remembering, and will put that together with music. Basically, it's gonna reprogram my mind to think about the world differently and help me become a much more productive and fulfilled person. I can't help but think that this will also affect my MD since some major points in the book involved knowing and facing your reality, and then finding ways to improve your reality. Very anti-MD, which both scares and excites me at the same time. I'll be starting this week.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky