Hey, just wondering about anyone who is married/living with someone they share a bedroom with. If you're also someone who has to act out your daydreams (talking/mumbling, etc), do you ever feel like you don't have enough time to yourself for daydreaming? 

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing.  I am not married, but I'm not living alone and I worry about being walked in on while acting out my daydreams (in the street, just listening  to music while walking or in a car is fine, but at home I must pace and talk and gesture) I used to get walked in on a lot when I was a child and my mother started joking with family that I spoke to myself. I was definitely embarrassed and now I try to be very careful. I think about being married and sharing a room with someone and worry I won't  have enough DD time, since bedrooms have always been where I can DD more vividly.

I also spend time researching for my daydreams and making playlists and it is just better if I can do that alone. I feel that somehow  other people's energy gets in the way of me doing those things when they are around me.

I am married and I feel like I never get enough DD time. Was working 2nd shift and my husband would get up early and close the door so I could "sleep (Day dream) and I LOVED it, but he wanted me on 1st shift so I just went to daytime. I like my job, but I find myself missing my DD time. I lay awake at night and DD, but it's usually late when I get to sleep and I have to get up at 4:30 am, so I am always tired. I miss my 2nd shift, I had time to DD , get plenty of sleep and do what I wanted to do and now I don't have that. :(

I am married (for almost five years) and I have a three year old.   I do act out my daydreams, almost as if I were in a play.  I talk, gesture, walk around...all of it.  So, being alone is pretty much paramount to my being able to daydream.  While I can daydream "silently," it is not as satisfying.  At the moment, I can pretty much have the time I need because my husband is kind enough to allow me my "alone time," but he doesn't know what I need my alone time for.  That's actually one of the reasons I joined the site.  While I don't necessarily view daydreaming as a negative thing, it has begun to affect how I interact with my husband and daughter and that's not good. 

To all those who have responded to Swan : have u ever thought of telling your spouse about MDD? It's unlikely that they have no clue about your need to daydream.

Also its very interesting that its only women who have responded to this thread.

I live with my bf. He knows about my DD. He doesnt seem to care. I ask for "me time" and he's cool with that., Although i do believe it makes him sad. That I "feel the need to leave this world for a while" like its his fault I'd rather be in an imaginary world.

Definitely not the only one. I like my DDs to be accurate haha

Michelle Young said:

Your last paragraph sounds like I could have written it myself. Good to know I am not the only one who does research for their daydreams :)

SwanInTheWater said:

Thanks for sharing.  I am not married, but I'm not living alone and I worry about being walked in on while acting out my daydreams (in the street, just listening  to music while walking or in a car is fine, but at home I must pace and talk and gesture) I used to get walked in on a lot when I was a child and my mother started joking with family that I spoke to myself. I was definitely embarrassed and now I try to be very careful. I think about being married and sharing a room with someone and worry I won't  have enough DD time, since bedrooms have always been where I can DD more vividly.

I also spend time researching for my daydreams and making playlists and it is just better if I can do that alone. I feel that somehow  other people's energy gets in the way of me doing those things when they are around me.

As, bummer. I hope things work out for you to have DD time again

Lisa Hancock said:

I am married and I feel like I never get enough DD time. Was working 2nd shift and my husband would get up early and close the door so I could "sleep (Day dream) and I LOVED it, but he wanted me on 1st shift so I just went to daytime. I like my job, but I find myself missing my DD time. I lay awake at night and DD, but it's usually late when I get to sleep and I have to get up at 4:30 am, so I am always tired. I miss my 2nd shift, I had time to DD , get plenty of sleep and do what I wanted to do and now I don't have that. :(

Oh no, I hope it doesn't affect how you interact with them very badly.

I can daydream silently myself, and even a little in public, but like you said it isn't satisfying. For me, it's so weak, that whatever I DD in public, if it has to do with my MAc, it's usually nothing more than meaningless chitchat, and I end up not keeping it later as something that "really" happened

Ashley said:

I am married (for almost five years) and I have a three year old.   I do act out my daydreams, almost as if I were in a play.  I talk, gesture, walk around...all of it.  So, being alone is pretty much paramount to my being able to daydream.  While I can daydream "silently," it is not as satisfying.  At the moment, I can pretty much have the time I need because my husband is kind enough to allow me my "alone time," but he doesn't know what I need my alone time for.  That's actually one of the reasons I joined the site.  While I don't necessarily view daydreaming as a negative thing, it has begun to affect how I interact with my husband and daughter and that's not good. 

Maybe you can have a little more of an in depth talk about it, so that he understands it isn't him you're needing to get away from?

Vendetta_Crazzed said:

I live with my bf. He knows about my DD. He doesnt seem to care. I ask for "me time" and he's cool with that., Although i do believe it makes him sad. That I "feel the need to leave this world for a while" like its his fault I'd rather be in an imaginary world.

Good question! I am curious about that as well.

Aquarius said:

To all those who have responded to Swan : have u ever thought of telling your spouse about MDD? It's unlikely that they have no clue about your need to daydream.

Also its very interesting that its only women who have responded to this thread.

This doesn't technically apply but I have a room mate with separate beds of course but she can see any actions so I do the pacing-dreaming while she's away and turn my back to do the daydreaming if I am really desperate, but most of the time while watching TV/music I don't realize it's happened.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky