Wild Minds Network

Where wild minds come to rest

Learning about new things as I research characters

Hi
I was thinking about this today. I've found over the years that my MD centres around romantic relationships mainly with famous or slightly famous men.
I tend to do alot of research I can become obsessed with seeing current pictures and info to keep my daydreams I guess up to date.
I tend to find out about things through interviews etc.
I have found that if music, literature or something that interests the person I am MDing about is mention I will look into it.
I have read books, listened to music and read into subjects I may have never considered.
At the moment my main MD is around someone who plays rugby so I have found myself reading up on the sport and also watching games which I never did before.

Does anyone else experience this? I feel sometimes MD has actually helped me weirdly develop interests.

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, same here. I know a lot about random things just because it's related to my characters. And they're usually pretty dark. Psychology usually, like psychopaths. Child abuse... true crime... conspiracies... I actually have a character who I made that loves documentaries so I watch more and more of those. Also through school I'd use my characters to help me study. I swear MDD comes in handy sometimes.

If my DD scenario takes place in a different era, I'll research what clothes/manner of conducting myself are period accurate, what major world events were going on at the time (war) and cultural norms.

Same here. Not only do I research things relevant to my "daydream" self- I remain me, but the circustances and events of my life change depending on the DD- I actually create fantasy wadrobes, houses, locales, families, etc. In addition to real life events surrounding the time period. I'm full of trivia and ideas useful only to myself, lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Cordellia Amethyste Rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky