The MBTI was created by daughter Isabel Myers, and mother Katherine Briggs. The idea of Myers Brigs is everyone in the world fits into 16 personality types. Your personality is made up of 4 preferences. It is also made up of strengths and weaknesses. This is based the order in which you use 8 cognitive functions. 

I would recommend looking into it. I'm still learning this, but there are many links that could explain it better. 

I identify with the ENFJ type.               

I prefer Extraversion over Introversion. I get energy from others, rather than solitude.

I prefer iNtuition over Sensing. I see the big picture, and possibilities, details, and facts.

prefer Feeling over Thinking. I make value based decisions, over logic based ones.

I prefer Judging over Perceiving. I prefer to have things decided, than leave them open ended.

ENFJs fit into a subgroup, with all the other iNtuitive Feelers. There are other sub groups as well, like Intuitive Thinkers, Sensing Perceiving, and Sensing Judging. The reason that sensors, and iNtuitives are split up isn't random, and has a solid reason. These groups date very far back, they are throughout history, and parts of the world. For example Greek philosopher - physician Hippocrates, Four Humors are based on this observation. A guy named David Kersey was updating these groups, when he came across the MBTI, and he realized that the 16 types fit perfectly into these four groups. He only made a slight tweak with Sensors, who he found were best divided by Judging verse perceiving.  

iNtuitives are a lot less common than sensors. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot iNtuitive Feelers were on this site, along with some iNtuitive Thinkers. Of coarse I'd bet there would be all of the types. I wouldn't be surprised if there were many Introverts either. I'd be interested to see what most people's types are. 

http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/you/personalitytype.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCosGUpLYrQ0G2LNxB6VstqITKqK...

Views: 823

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There have been many posts about Myers-Briggs on here.  

Cool. I'm sure I'll find them. There's so much stuff on here. I'll be sure to look though. Is there a lot of NFs?

I don't know.  I'm not really into Myers-Briggs, so I didn't read all the posts.  You can try doing a search, though.  

Kayla Corcoran said:

Cool. I'm sure I'll find them. There's so much stuff on here. I'll be sure to look though. Is there a lot of NFs?

Enneagrams cool too. I think I'm a 4 W3. Enneagram has more to do with fear, and desire than strengths and weaknesses. It's different than MBTI, but I find it complimentary. I could see a lot of fours having MD. Do you know much about enneagram. here's a link of a four description.

I'm an INTP, and if you combine that with Maladaptive Daydreaming...well. No wonder I have a whole dream-world system thought out. 

I read into the theories on and off. It can be interesting and spot on.

I'm an INFJ, so MDD makes sense. I just took the Enneagram and found that I am a Type 5 (with 'balanced wings'). Strange how accurate these things can be...

Here's a link to Enneagram Test: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

ooh yes I live this stuff, I got so excited when I found my personality type and I was basically reading someone else describe me to myself. I am ENFP.

I was told I am both INTP and INFP...

I'm an INFJ, enneagram 4w5.

INTP

I would be suprised if any Dreamer here would not be an N. Since you're spending considerable time in your head there's not much room left for sensing. Rather than through experience you could for instance understand relationships better because you day dreamed a lot about it. Myers Briggs has it's own interpretation of Intution which is very different from "feeling something without knowing".

INTJ.  Yes, lots of N's but the other characteristics seem to vary.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky