Is anyone else obsessed with their reflection and photographs?

I spend the majority of my time alone staring at my reflection in different mirrors, I feel i kind of dont recognise myself, i dont look as i expect myself to look. I also spend a lot of time daydreaming looking at photos of myself and imagining i am other people looking at the photos and thinking i am perfect and cool,  eventhough in reality i do not think of myself in that way at all. I obsessively stare at my own facebook profile imagining how other people see me, other people liking me. I think this is quite unusual behaviour and im really embarassed about it, i was wondering if anyone else does anything similar?

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do that all the time! I look in the mirror, not to gussy up, but to imagine how I look to other people. I move my face around, pinch my nose, push my nose, mess around with my eyes, my hair. I "cheese" like 5 different ways...just to see if my teeth always look straight. I remember "the face" to use when someone wants to take my picture. I always want to see the picture after it's taken so that I can stare at it.

Whoa I totally do this too.... like writing something and imagining my crush and others reading it and thinking I'm super smart and cool xD. And imagine them noticing the way I dress and thinking I'm such a cool and unique individual, and thinking of funny jokes that I would theoretically say in front of them in a super cool scenario (like at a party xD) and they think I'm soo cool. So no yo're not alone I think a lot of people DD about themselves idealized.

I don't obsess about it and hate seeing myself in photos. I guess because in my DD I look better then in real life, and I don't like the reality of the photo. But I do share the disconnect with my reflection  Like sometimes you are looking at a stranger. Like that is not who I am. Maybe it's all part of the disconnect to reality I feel due to MD.

I used to do this a lot in the past. After I get home from school, I go to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror for a long time. I tried to beautify myself by posing in certain positions and styling my hair in different ways. Also I saw myself through filtered lenses. For instance I don't look as hot in real life but I deceive my eyes (and my brain) into thinking I'm 10X more beautiful. It's like I sprinkled magical dust and pixie powder onto my reflection to magnify the beauty of the reflection. At some point, I stopped doing this because it was a waste of time. I got more urgent things to do like homework and studying.

Magic dust was a good way to describe it, in my daydreams i am the most beautiful girl in the world and of course in reality of course i am not. When people tell me i am beautiful it's like it's not enough, I feel like i need to be the person I am in my daydreams. I wish I could stop daydreaming about myself as being perfect and accept myself for who I am

taffle said:

I used to do this a lot in the past. After I get home from school, I go to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror for a long time. I tried to beautify myself by posing in certain positions and styling my hair in different ways. Also I saw myself through filtered lenses. For instance I don't look as hot in real life but I deceive my eyes (and my brain) into thinking I'm 10X more beautiful. It's like I sprinkled magical dust and pixie powder onto my reflection to magnify the beauty of the reflection. At some point, I stopped doing this because it was a waste of time. I got more urgent things to do like homework and studying.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky