I made this forum page because I know many people are not on this network anymore. Hopefully the few of us that are, can introduce ourselves here and make some friends. To start this off, hi. My name is Xander. I'm 18 yrs old and my birthday is in August. I don't have a favorite color, but I hate pink. My favorite animal is a dragon. I hate sunny days, and enjoy massive thunderstorms. My favorite element is the wind. I own a cat named Einstein. I don't do much, so I always have time for a conversation. 

Peace out~ your average lone wolf.

Views: 1092

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh I see! Your husband seems so nice! 

Theaxe said:

Hi Xander! My husband does not have MD. He is my "MD fantasy come true" meaning, I had fantasized about a celebrity that he reminds me of, and by some stroke of luck he found me attractive too. His understanding about my having MD is what made me realize that there was more to him than just the physical appeal I had for him.

Xander said:

I appreciate your wonderful comment! It's so awesome that you married someone who has MD also! I SHIP IT! I joined your group on goodreads:) I also really enjoying reading. I own more than 100 books. 

Theaxe said:

I am a former member, back again.

In April 2014 I joined under the name Yanne, and left about a year later because I completely wiped myself off of most of my social media (mainly due to privacy concerns on sites like FB). I applied to join here again in December 2017, and wasn't approved until February 2018 along with many others waiting for approval. 

Should anything happen to this site if Cordellia's own interest in it has waned, and if it's actually true that she requires donations to keep the site going (which I really don't understand since this site doesn't use its own domain), I did create a free maladaptive daydream forum on Goodreads in case people want a back-up place to go:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/512911

On a personal note, I'm in my early 40s and a few years ago married my maladaptive-daydream-come-true husband (who basically resembles my MD crush). I'm an atheist, and have a fulfilling life without spirituality or faith. I love reading. I love listening to loud music with my headphones to trigger my MD world. I love cooking and gardening. I love watching my favourite movies and documentaries over and over and over. So much more...but I'll leave it at that for now.

It seems that once you delete a profile, it's gone for good including the friend list. Accounts can't be reactivated. Coming back meant I had to start fresh, so if anyone wants to send a friend request to me, please do. :)

I have no idea. To add members I always click on the actual name and head to their profile page to add them.

Kit McDaydream said:

Is the 'add button' the one I just mentioned where I can only see a white outline with a speck of purple inside just left of my name?

That's wonderful that you managed to make some friends Meghan! I currently have social anxiety and no friends unfortunately lol. I like how your dream characters are all musicians!

meghan said:

hi xander, very nice to meet you!! :-) i'm meghan, i just turned 21 and i'm a college student living in illinois. i'm trying to work the music industry - my favorite genres are punk and emo, so if anyone wants to talk music with me, feel free to slide into my dms haha. i don't play any instruments myself, but my daydream characters are all musicians and they've been with me for several years. the storyline is basically about a band that becomes famous.

i've been on this site on and off since i was 14 - i forget about it a lot, but i always come back. MD has been a constant in my life since i was 9 years old. it doesn't ruin my life, but it definitely makes it hard sometimes. i used to have very bad social anxiety and have no friends, but i'm so happy to say that it's gone now and i've made a lot of friends since then by going to concerts and being involved in local music!! some other stuff about me: i don't drink alcohol or do drugs, i'm a vegetarian, i don't like to watch movies or tv but i do watch a lot of youtube. 

That's the one.

Kit McDaydream said:

Is the 'add button' the one I just mentioned where I can only see a white outline with a speck of purple inside just left of my name?

Hi, 
My name is Sam, I'm 21, birthday in May. Favourite colour is green and I hate pink too. There's a funny story behind that. when I was little I loved barbies, dressing them up and creating their own intricate lives with family feuds, friendships etc (beginning of MD?) so naturally, my favourite colour was pink until I got a bit older and loved Bratz dolls instead. The Bratz colour was purple and their enemy the "mother of pink" and therefore I hated everything pink! I still do till this day. I like green because it reminds me of nature and I associate it with peace. 
My favourite animal is a wolf, that started as a result of one of my first teenage fandom obsessions- Twilight (I guess you know what team I was on then lol). I love dogs too, I used to have a few as pets.
I despise the sun as well- currently going through a heatwave in England at the moment so I'm secluded in my flat with the curtains down but the windows open. I love the sound of rain (thank god it rains a lot here!), I sometimes listen to the sound of rain or the sea to fall asleep. The white noise is perfect for daydreaming too.

I'm a bit of an insomniac. -It's 1:30 AM in the UK while I'm writing this lol!

My favourite hobby would be fanfiction and youtube(fuels my imagination too!)
Would love to chat! :)

Hi, 

I'm Briona, a new member as of this month. I've been DDing since I was a little girl, I'm now in my 30s, and I've finally been able to face it with therapy. Previously I wouldn't even admit to myself that it was something I did, and if I ever got caught, I'd pretend I didn't know what they were talking about. I'm really proud of myself for finally being able to face my MDD, because now I finally feel like a real person with a real life. It's a one day at a time kind of thing, but I feel like I've made progress.

Outside of MDD, I like to write, but I don't do that anymore because it's too connected to the DD, I love music and movies, but have to be careful because they are all major triggers. Some times everything in life seem so dull in comparison to my DDs, but I remind myself how much DDing has already stolen from me, and it gives me strength, but like I said it's a one day at a time type of thing. I have a cat, and I want to get a Dog at some point., not sure what kind. I love sunshine and beaches, palm trees and sand,  summer is my favorite season and I hate winter. Lucky for me, it's summer right now, and Im really enjoying it. 

hi everyone, im new here but not new to MDD--been addicted since i was 12 years old

and still stuck in it after so many decades. i have had sucess in stopping it sometimes

for as long as 6 weeks. now im making another attempt with a different strategy

how can i start a new thread? i dont see any buttons for it anywhere

My name is Erica and I have struggled with this since I was 5 and watched the Wizard of Oz. I LOVED the wicked witch and I had an imaginary friend named Mary who I modeled after the Wicked Witch. That's what started it. I have been daydreaming like this ever since. I am now trying to write my current daydream in the form of a novel. 

A novel sounds like a great idea

Thank you!

Briona said:

A novel sounds like a great idea

Hello everyone,

My name is Aoeife and I am glad I've finally found this community. I have recently experienced another severe episode of MD which prompted me to show up again and write this.  I'd be very happy to talk/write to the member of the Wild Minds network.

I'm a scientist, with a pretty good life - or at least that's what it looks like from the outside. I'm not sure why it feels so different actually being me. There was no specific trauma or dramatic event that I can point to as the origin for my MD habit. Or maybe I just can't see it. That being said, I have always felt... odd, alone, not exactly fitting in our society. I'm in my early thirties now, in good health, enjoying a beautiful, stable relationship. Still, I frequently fall into my own daydreaming traps. I don't really know where I'm going with this. I suppose I simply wanted to metaphorically raise my hand and introduce myself. Thank you for providing this space for us daydreamers and allowing us to talk to each other. 

We aren't alone in feeling like we don't fit in. Most everyone else feels the same way, more or less, but few talk about it because they don't realize so many others do also.

Recently I was in a women's transformation group -- for women whose life isn't what they wanted, were missing something, and so on. At each meeting, everyone took turns talking about whatever subject each meeting covered. We found out the things each thought we were only one to feel or experience turned out to be something a lot of others did too.

Everyone daydreams too -- probably more people daydream extensively than anyone realizes. They just aren't the type to go looking for explanations and don't think there's any reason to label it. It's natural to daydream. Otherwise where would writers and inventors find their ideas? Einstein daydreamed.

If daydreaming doesn't interfere with your life or cause you to suffer, then I wouldn't worry about it specifically. What matters is exploring how to turn your life into something that feels good on the inside. 

Since nobody talks about daydreaming out in the world, though, it's great to have a forum to share things like this where we feel isolated.

Aoeife Aisling said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Aoeife and I am glad I've finally found this community. I have recently experienced another severe episode of MD which prompted me to show up again and write this.  I'd be very happy to talk/write to the member of the Wild Minds network.

I'm a scientist, with a pretty good life - or at least that's what it looks like from the outside. I'm not sure why it feels so different actually being me. There was no specific trauma or dramatic event that I can point to as the origin for my MD habit. Or maybe I just can't see it. That being said, I have always felt... odd, alone, not exactly fitting in our society. I'm in my early thirties now, in good health, enjoying a beautiful, stable relationship. Still, I frequently fall into my own daydreaming traps. I don't really know where I'm going with this. I suppose I simply wanted to metaphorically raise my hand and introduce myself. Thank you for providing this space for us daydreamers and allowing us to talk to each other. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky