I made this forum page because I know many people are not on this network anymore. Hopefully the few of us that are, can introduce ourselves here and make some friends. To start this off, hi. My name is Xander. I'm 18 yrs old and my birthday is in August. I don't have a favorite color, but I hate pink. My favorite animal is a dragon. I hate sunny days, and enjoy massive thunderstorms. My favorite element is the wind. I own a cat named Einstein. I don't do much, so I always have time for a conversation. 

Peace out~ your average lone wolf.

Views: 1092

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a sad truth, not only many people have left the forum, it doesn't appear that many new members are being active here; so for those of you who are, hats off to you guys. :)

I discovered the term MD and thus this site at November 2017. At the age of 20, I am studying at university, and despite the busy work at college I still manage to get myself MD for hours in a day. Occasionally I would really like to chat with others in this forum, but both time zone and my lack of communication skills seem to hinder this to happen often. I also find myself enjoy reading, but I also suspect that is because of its MD provoking features making me enjoy reading, instead of the content itself. That is probably why I read the same book ten times in a row.

Well, let's see how this list goes, maybe we are overlooking a lot of forumers who are still active in this site.

Hi All, 

I'm still here. I joined back in 2013 and do tend to pop in and read the posts fairly regularly, but don't comment that often. I'm married, have 2 teenagers, and am in my late 40's so I admit I sometimes find it hard to relate to the content of some of the younger members here. That and a crazy schedule is what keeps me from being present more than I'd like. 

I'm a chef, and have been struggling with MD for as far back in my childhood as I can remember. My mother died when I was just 7, a subject that was taboo and we were not free to talk about her, and there was a lot of emotional abuse in my house growing up, so no doubt that's where my MD stems from. I still daydream today and have struggled with it as a wife and a mother. I tend to do my daydreaming at night, but I have gone through harder times when I've done it constantly throughout the day and struggled with getting out of bed, working, etc. 

I love to read, am a runner, and a self-confessed Disney addict. 

I may not comment on posts all the time, but just know I'm here. I would hate for this site to disappear - I will be sure to check out the Goodreads forum, and thanks for that!! 

Jen

Hi all,

Nice to read your posts. I'm new here! I discovered the term MD in december 2017 via Eritaia's blog (Guide to MD) and was really shocked that there was a name for the thing I basically have all my life! And that there are so many others!

Since then I'm having ups and downs, sometimes I can be without MD for a week and then it comes back again. I'm still learning how this all started so the forum is really helpful for that. It would be really sad if the site shuts down :(

I'm determined to stop my MD this year, because I feel so much more fulfillment without it (MD really masks my anxiety and fears). It's though and it hurts that I have to let my characters go, but I feel that it's time now to do so. About myself: I love the sea, and the beach! It makes me so relaxed and always clears my mind. And I love reading too, and listening to old records. 

Well, this is the first time I posted something, and I don't know what else I can say for now, except that I'm really happy that you are here! :) 

I appreciate your wonderful comment! It's so awesome that you married someone who has MD also! I SHIP IT! I joined your group on goodreads:) I also really enjoying reading. I own more than 100 books. 

Theaxe said:

I am a former member, back again.

In April 2014 I joined under the name Yanne, and left about a year later because I completely wiped myself off of most of my social media (mainly due to privacy concerns on sites like FB). I applied to join here again in December 2017, and wasn't approved until February 2018 along with many others waiting for approval. 

Should anything happen to this site if Cordellia's own interest in it has waned, and if it's actually true that she requires donations to keep the site going (which I really don't understand since this site doesn't use its own domain), I did create a free maladaptive daydream forum on Goodreads in case people want a back-up place to go:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/512911

On a personal note, I'm in my early 40s and a few years ago married my maladaptive-daydream-come-true husband (who basically resembles my MD crush). I'm an atheist, and have a fulfilling life without spirituality or faith. I love reading. I love listening to loud music with my headphones to trigger my MD world. I love cooking and gardening. I love watching my favourite movies and documentaries over and over and over. So much more...but I'll leave it at that for now.

It seems that once you delete a profile, it's gone for good including the friend list. Accounts can't be reactivated. Coming back meant I had to start fresh, so if anyone wants to send a friend request to me, please do. :)

Thank you for the comment:) I'm applying to college rn for a mathematics degree. 

Fishno7 said:

What a sad truth, not only many people have left the forum, it doesn't appear that many new members are being active here; so for those of you who are, hats off to you guys. :)

I discovered the term MD and thus this site at November 2017. At the age of 20, I am studying at university, and despite the busy work at college I still manage to get myself MD for hours in a day. Occasionally I would really like to chat with others in this forum, but both time zone and my lack of communication skills seem to hinder this to happen often. I also find myself enjoy reading, but I also suspect that is because of its MD provoking features making me enjoy reading, instead of the content itself. That is probably why I read the same book ten times in a row.

Well, let's see how this list goes, maybe we are overlooking a lot of forumers who are still active in this site.

Thank you for the comment! I too have developed MD from family trauma. I'm also a huge bookworm:)

JenBren said:

Hi All, 

I'm still here. I joined back in 2013 and do tend to pop in and read the posts fairly regularly, but don't comment that often. I'm married, have 2 teenagers, and am in my late 40's so I admit I sometimes find it hard to relate to the content of some of the younger members here. That and a crazy schedule is what keeps me from being present more than I'd like. 

I'm a chef, and have been struggling with MD for as far back in my childhood as I can remember. My mother died when I was just 7, a subject that was taboo and we were not free to talk about her, and there was a lot of emotional abuse in my house growing up, so no doubt that's where my MD stems from. I still daydream today and have struggled with it as a wife and a mother. I tend to do my daydreaming at night, but I have gone through harder times when I've done it constantly throughout the day and struggled with getting out of bed, working, etc. 

I love to read, am a runner, and a self-confessed Disney addict. 

I may not comment on posts all the time, but just know I'm here. I would hate for this site to disappear - I will be sure to check out the Goodreads forum, and thanks for that!! 

Jen

Thanks for the comment!! I hope you succeed in completing your goal! I've managed to control my MD quite a bit, not not all the way. I LOVE THE BEACH! I've only been there once, but I still can't stop dreaming about seeing it. Hopefully my next ocean trip will be to california:)

Seagirl said:

Hi all,

Nice to read your posts. I'm new here! I discovered the term MD in december 2017 via Eritaia's blog (Guide to MD) and was really shocked that there was a name for the thing I basically have all my life! And that there are so many others!

Since then I'm having ups and downs, sometimes I can be without MD for a week and then it comes back again. I'm still learning how this all started so the forum is really helpful for that. It would be really sad if the site shuts down :(

I'm determined to stop my MD this year, because I feel so much more fulfillment without it (MD really masks my anxiety and fears). It's though and it hurts that I have to let my characters go, but I feel that it's time now to do so. About myself: I love the sea, and the beach! It makes me so relaxed and always clears my mind. And I love reading too, and listening to old records. 

Well, this is the first time I posted something, and I don't know what else I can say for now, except that I'm really happy that you are here! :) 

Ehhh. Must be nice to have friends! I haven't had a friend in 2 years..

meghan said:

hi xander, very nice to meet you!! :-) i'm meghan, i just turned 21 and i'm a college student living in illinois. i'm trying to work the music industry - my favorite genres are punk and emo, so if anyone wants to talk music with me, feel free to slide into my dms haha. i don't play any instruments myself, but my daydream characters are all musicians and they've been with me for several years. the storyline is basically about a band that becomes famous.

i've been on this site on and off since i was 14 - i forget about it a lot, but i always come back. MD has been a constant in my life since i was 9 years old. it doesn't ruin my life, but it definitely makes it hard sometimes. i used to have very bad social anxiety and have no friends, but i'm so happy to say that it's gone now and i've made a lot of friends since then by going to concerts and being involved in local music!! some other stuff about me: i don't drink alcohol or do drugs, i'm a vegetarian, i don't like to watch movies or tv but i do watch a lot of youtube. 

Hello! Name's Camoran, although the older users (if there are any left these days) will know me as Source. Been here since 2014, and I've seen lots of people come and go. It's sad how abandoned this place is now, so bonus points for any peeps who try to keep it alive! I actually thought this forum was dead for good before I noticed this post.
I've been through the fire, silence and ice of MDD hell and lived to tell the tale. I also speak computer rather well, which is why I argue with broken systems and engage in intellectual fights against cranky software day in and day out. I'm always glad to try and help people who are stuck and can't seem to go forward; people from this site helped me a lot, it's only fair that I do the same.

Hello (hoping I post this right,I'm on my phone and I see a reply button) my name is ratfish , I'm 31 , I just found out about MD after a desperate google search.
I've been doing this since as long as I can remember, it's never been a problem until now , I want to stop , and I can't . I feel crazy sometimes.
About me , I'm into spiritual type things .I've been a loner all my life, I have terrible anxiety around people, but sometimes I can be very outgoing.other times I am very awkward and weird.
I spend hours in my head, I laugh out loud and talk out loud bits of my daydreams.
I am still amazed and am in shock that people like me exist. I just cannot believe it.
My name is Linzee I’m 23 and I’m currently in my second year of nursing school. I listen to all kinds of music and I don’t care to watch to much tv. Bringing the conversation back to MD my thing is swinging at a park with headphones on and getting lost in my day dreams for hours. I like fantasy and video games and makeup and my girlfriend.
Hi im Shane I've been daydreaming since i was a kid only recently found out it was a disorder. Since then I've tried to shut it down but before long i end up daydreaming....really sucks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky