How often do you bring your characters into the real world?

or When do you? Please tell me im not the only one!!!

Take me for example: i bring  my characters into the real world a lot. Whenever someone (typically my dad) says something rude or makes me feel bad i have my favorite DD character james swoop in and calm me down or comfort me. Like he`ll tell me to take deep breaths and not to worry about it. I feel like a complete freak now that ive actually typed this out. Or in stressful sitautions such as yesterday when i discovered a very awful secret i wasnt suppose to find out i was really freaking out on the verge of a mental breakdown and the only thing that calmed me down was my characters. So is this just me or do you other daydreamers do it too?

and one last thing: does this mean i have imaginary friends? Cuz that sounds completely insane and weird and i dont know..

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All the time.  They practically live in my house as far as I' m concerned. 

I used to do it a lot more when I was younger, I would take my characters wherever I went and they would keep me company in places like the grocery store or at the laundromat. I haven't done that lately, but I do have one character that comforts me when I'm stressed or feeling really down.  I would say it is different from imaginary friends because you're daydreaming it, not pretending they're real and expecting everyone else to treat them as if they're real as well. I read that some children can't distinguish them from real people but other children say it's only in their head. So I guess the lines are a little blurred, but I would say it's different. And even if it is the same it's okay. You're not crazy. 

I do it all the time.  In fact, they are as much a part of my real life, as they are separate.  It is their great advantage that they can "travel" so well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky