I have noticed that many of the post mention being an artist or a creative writer. Just wondering if it may have something to do with the right brain. I am a visual artist, pastel painter.

Views: 1375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a writer of stories, poetry, diaries, essays...pretty much anything haha, but I much prefer the creative writing side of it all. I sometimes do little doodles in my diary though, just to pass the time.

Do you guys have to write stories for school/college as well?

I know sometimes Creative Writing is part of the curriculum and I was wondering if you use your daydreams to write stories for class or if you make up something new. I had my first writing class last week and we only had 15 minutes to write something and I couldn't get myself to write down something of my daydream. I felt it was too personal to share!

I consider myself a writer, and am currently trying to overcome a series of roadblocks that keep me from improving while I'm in college.  I guess the biggest trouble I have is sharing what I write with other people; most of my stories are essentially my daydreams, so it feels like I'm giving a complete stranger a copy of my diary every time I ask someone to read them.
A lot of my daydreams are so corny I wouldn't share them with anyone directly. But I can see how it would work if I made them more compelling. The detail and emotion is already there! Did anyone ever read your stories Cheryl? What did they say?
I am a bass player.  I am a huge fan of great music as well.  I love anything that displays an artist's creativity. 
I write sometimes. Having MD helps a lot with that, too. When I was a kid and didn't know what I had was a real mental disorder, I just thought I was gifted with a vast, creative imagination. I still like to think of this as a blessing since it hasn't done anything big to ruin my life yet

I'm no writer that's for sure !

What I do like is sing , play the piano draw, paint and decorate .. what a combination :D

I like doing nail art. I even run a blog with picture tutorials. But that's about it.

In the past I gave it a try, writing a book, but it didn't go well. Got stuck at chapter 2; 3 years ago I believe. Also, I had this one time thing writing poems. I wrote over 50 haikus and a random poem one night. I was very angry about something...

I used to paint and draw very often, but then I just realised I didn't like my work anymore so I stopped. In kindergarten, when they asked what we would like to become once we grow up, I answered that I wanted to become a painter :D

Anyway, people say I make great paintings, but that doesn't mean much to me anymore. I'm not happy with my painting and writing, so I do nail art instead. And I love it. Maybe not always, but most of the time :)

And you are really good at it if I may say so :)

stranger in a strange land said:

I like doing nail art. I even run a blog with picture tutorials. But that's about it.

In the past I gave it a try, writing a book, but it didn't go well. Got stuck at chapter 2; 3 years ago I believe. Also, I had this one time thing writing poems. I wrote over 50 haikus and a random poem one night. I was very angry about something...

I used to paint and draw very often, but then I just realised I didn't like my work anymore so I stopped. In kindergarten, when they asked what we would like to become once we grow up, I answered that I wanted to become a painter :D

Anyway, people say I make great paintings, but that doesn't mean much to me anymore. I'm not happy with my painting and writing, so I do nail art instead. And I love it. Maybe not always, but most of the time :)

I'm a designer/ commercial artist. Glad u asked that question I had been wondering myself I'd begun to think there was a correlation between people who MD and People who are creative. Wow! :-)

yeah but the beautiful thing is that they will NEVER know. It might even be cathartic, like a load off of your shoulders. You should try it! 

Cheryl Calvino said:
I consider myself a writer, and am currently trying to overcome a series of roadblocks that keep me from improving while I'm in college.  I guess the biggest trouble I have is sharing what I write with other people; most of my stories are essentially my daydreams, so it feels like I'm giving a complete stranger a copy of my diary every time I ask someone to read them.

I had no idea what nail art was (I may or may not have thought it involved nail clippings...) but that is really great! Like tiny paintings! I'm a fan of the genre now. I think you are like a painter now, as you said you'd like to be when you grow up, just a painter of small canvasses made of keratin.

stranger in a strange land said:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky