When I was younger, daydreaming gave me an escape from an inescapable situation. But it also stunted the future in a lot of ways. Most importantly, it took away drive. As Thomas Edison once said "Show me a thoroughly satisfied man — and I will show you a failure".

Which begs the question "Has Mdd helped or hurt you more?"

If it helped, how?

Views: 1272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you live inside your mind, and you desire things so much, your mind picks up on them and superimposes them into thick re-occurring dreams that are strong enough to elude you that amazing things are to come. Over the years, you'll stick to believing in these sequence of dreams. It's almost like being high on drugs. Only when you start waking up and giving up on your MDD, do you become shocked at what happened to your mind in the past. You realize you believed in your own nonsense.
You'll probably remember so many times, the amount of people who reacted to your mental absence when you were so involved in your daydream world. You'll probably see that they're so much better off in life, because they didn't do the very same things. I learned this the hard way—and wound up really embarrassed while living in a very unappreciated life situation.
So, if you start attempting maladaptive daydreaming, the consequences are yours to endure.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky