I'm not entirely sure how long I've been doing this, or if it has anything to do with my maladaptive daydreaming. I'm also not Sure how to put into words very well so bear with me.

Sometimes, if I'm at home watching TV or if I'm in class I will start to zone out but I won't daydream, I will aware of what's happening around me but I feel like I'm in a dream and it's not really happening.

This is the best way I know how to describe it. I'm not entirely sure what it is or if it is part of maladaptive daydreaming or something to do with it

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've experienced several forms of zoning - whether they are MD-related or not, I do not know. Sometimes if I concentrate on an object it appears to be far away and yet really close or really big and really small at the same time. Other times I zone and the world around me feels like it's not real - like I'm somewhere else, but viewing it from this perspective. Today I was staring at the computer screen and the words changed, like when I cross my eyes to see a 3D image, like the words were popping off the screen, even though they were 2D.

How long does your effect last? and what snaps you back to "reality"?

Most of my effects take up several minutes. One I had yesterday was maybe about 5 minutes but most of them feel much longer than that. To be honest, I'm not sure what snaps me out of it, but i don't snap out of it instantly it takes time for it it stop, like i can slowly feel myself coming back to reality and I have to kind of force myself to do it.

Derealisation is what it's called.

Derealisation

Sometimes I'll just stare in the distance, zoned out. But, i don't lose lucidity. Sometimes i get amazed that i am real or alive.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky