Hi guys,
I would like to ask you, if you follow your dreams. I mean, when I daydream I mostly use to think of things, that can never happen. The problem is I have these moments when I feel so dissatisfied with my life and I want to make my dreams come true. At those moments I just want to leave, cut contacts and start again because I know it could help me. On the other hand, I am extremely scared of doing it. It seems to be impossible to make such a step forward. I don't think I will live my life like I do in my dreams after this "new start", but maybe some things from my hopes could actually happen.
Is there anyone who tried to cut the past? I feel I am stuck in my life. I'm not saying my life is horrible, it's very basic, I just want to live a life the way I want. Don't live it for someone else. The reason I wanted to write this is that I cannot decide what to do. If I should follow my dreams, make a change or just live the life like it is.
PS: Have a nice day everyone!

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, 

For a long time I believed that mimiking my daydream self and being what I am in my dreams would make me happy. 

When I finally achieved what I was in my dreams I realised that nothing is going to make me feel the things I feel in my dreams. 

Its the feelings I crave, not the contents and even if you achieve them in reality, you'll still be miserable. 

Hello Cane and thank you for your response. I don't really know what to do now. What's the purpose of everything if there is no way to be happy? I am so sick of being who I don't want to be. Doing things that make others happy, but not me.
I am very sad to hear you are not happy even if you achieved what you wanted. I think we deserve to be happy after all!

Yup, Everybody deserves to be happy. and there is a way out. Atleast I believe there is. A few years ago even I felt sick of being like a zombie and that was a tipping point. I managed to stop daydreaming for a while and noticed all negative emotions surfacing up. 

I'm certain I daydream to subconsciously push these negative emotions and not feel them. The only way out though is feeling them and letting them be. 

There is a blog which expresses what I want to tell you in much more detail. 

Here's the link if you'd like to have a read: https://maladaptivedaydreamingguide.wordpress.com/2015/04/04/part-i...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky