Do you often daydream about unpleasant things? Tell me your story...

Hello. The names Zackk, i have MD, and i daydream about bad scenarios. I have experienced "trauma" i guess you could say, and i was wondering if anyone here was in the same boat of having experienced unresolved trauma and daydreams dark scenarios?

Views: 1205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I had 'trauma' (bullied at the age of 6) and I sometimes daydream about bad things happening too. But I can feel emotions then. I guess I'm making up for what I can't feel in real life.

I have never really experienced trauma, but I have played out dark daydreams, just for the benefit of feeling what it would be like.

@Truthful Alibi: I hadn't thought about it before, but I am like you, I can only feel emotions in my daydreams, but they have to be really powerful daydreams and the emotions only last for short bursts.

Truthful Alibi said:

Yeah I had 'trauma' (bullied at the age of 6) and I sometimes daydream about bad things happening too. But I can feel emotions then. I guess I'm making up for what I can't feel in real life.
Ayee Truthful Alibi & Hienriech, i too dont feel emotions that well. I feel like i only scratch the surface of different emotions, unless i really get into a daydream, and then i feel emotions deep, but it only feel it for a split second. It's wierd. Have either one of you guys ever experienced trauma? Jw

Heinriech Heisner said:

I have never really experienced trauma, but I have played out dark daydreams, just for the benefit of feeling what it would be like.

@Truthful Alibi: I hadn't thought about it before, but I am like you, I can only feel emotions in my daydreams, but they have to be really powerful daydreams and the emotions only last for short bursts.

Truthful Alibi said:

Yeah I had 'trauma' (bullied at the age of 6) and I sometimes daydream about bad things happening too. But I can feel emotions then. I guess I'm making up for what I can't feel in real life.
Hey New to this site not sure what MD even is.. but i day dream all the time.. it doesnt get in the way of my work except maybe when i try to study. But when i daydream its always dark. i dream about war and death most times its my death i dream about finding out i have cancer and having to tell my family. I dream about someone i love dieing in my arms but its someone i dont know every time i it make me so sad and i cry sometimes.. but most time i think i daydream about war .. when im walking around or at the gym.. hearing music or trying to go to sleep it starts off very innocent then someone turn to that...

I also can only feel emotions in my daydreams, sometimes very strong, to where I cry. It is often a traumatic event like once my arm was broken in a DD, another time I was attacked. Fear pain extra.

Hi, oh god i do the cancer one all the time, its so sad. Im new to this (ive had MD for three years but just found out what it was) and i cant believe all the people that are like me! i also have one where my gran and my dog have died, thats just unbarable to think about to be honest. but mostly my DDing is made up of my main fantasy world which i do not want to disclose the contents of because i feel silly (maybe at a later point).

Alberto Barragan said:
Hey New to this site not sure what MD even is.. but i day dream all the time.. it doesnt get in the way of my work except maybe when i try to study. But when i daydream its always dark. i dream about war and death most times its my death i dream about finding out i have cancer and having to tell my family. I dream about someone i love dieing in my arms but its someone i dont know every time i it make me so sad and i cry sometimes.. but most time i think i daydream about war .. when im walking around or at the gym.. hearing music or trying to go to sleep it starts off very innocent then someone turn to that...
Oh I've daydreamed a myriad of horrible scenarios, including my own character being brutally beaten and gang raped,  the murder of one of my long-standing characters, another much-loved character being diagnosed with cancer, and the death of several family members, to name a few.  The reason I do this, I'm afraid, is tragically generic: I like the attention and sympathy each situation presents me with.  Nothing more.
Well none of them are really "dark" i guess you could say. But like almost all of my daydreams consist of some form of trauma, abuse, torture or just plain bad scenarios. My latest one was about my character Skylar falling in love with a murderer/psychopath who was put in  an insane asylum where I (his Doctor) was to treat him. Wow that sounds crazy but I guess you could say when were together i bring out the "human" side in him and thats all i ever see. Oh and another daydream was where i lived in an abusive home and got rescued by a pack of supernaturals (more or less "superheros" , although i cant say that word without imaging a cape and matching tights) Also there was one pretty recently where i lived in a large home full of 7 other orphaned children and was taken and thoroughly tortured. Thats all the ones i can think of right now...
My daydreams began before any sort of trauma ( if what happened to me can even be considered trauma ) and they have always been very dark, violent, and disturbing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky