I used to daydream as a way to escape and it used to make me feel better, it helped me anxiety a lot. Lately all of my daydreams are depressing, sad, full of anxiety and pain. What I put my daydream characters through is extreme and I can't seem to get my positive daydreams back. If I try to daydream in a happy way or less depressing way it just ends up being sad or difficult.

Thinking about my daydream characters has caused me even more anxiety in real life even though it is all fake. I can't seem to separate myself from my daydream and what my daydream characters are going through.

How do I stop daydreaming so negatively? How can I go back to when it actually helped my anxiety and made me feel better?

This all started after my ex boyfriend died a few months ago and nothing seems to make me feel better, having negative, stressful and sad daydreams just makes me feel worse.

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry for your loss - my heart goes out to you. Sounds like you're going through a lot. *hug*

There's no easy answer here  - this is your minds way of dealing with what you've gone through. The DDing is reflecting your state of mind.

Have you talked to someone yet, about the feelings connected to your boyfriend passing away? I mean like an indepth conversation about your emotions. If you haven't,  a grief councillor might be a good person to contact. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, our MD just isn't enough to help us cope. 

Sending you good vibes.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I think it's only logical that you feel strange and bad things after an event like this. If time doesn't heal it, than seeking some help from the people around you, or even professional people, might be a good idea.

Wish I could help you more with it, but I can't. I can only wish you the best.

Love and strength

I'm so sorry for what happened and what you are going through. I can't imagine how you feel right now.

Might I suggest that don't rely upon daydreaming. Reality catches up with daydreaming sooner or later albeit in a distorted form. I only daydream sick scenarios and I know how it feels but if you face your demons in reality you won't have that trouble. Finding the demons can be tough though if the problem has sunk layers deep and only shows through dreadful emotions. I don't know how you dream so thats my perspective.

I hope you find the strength you need and it gets better.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky