Do some of you have children? Or regularly take care of them? How do you manage? They always tell me that children require your attention 24/7, so I was wondering.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have any children of my own, but I have babysat for long periods of time. And what usually ends up happening is you're so involved with the kids that you forget to even think about daydreaming, but as soon as you're by yourself, all of your pent up daydreams come out.

Thanks for your answer. I'm currently trying to decide on kids vs no kids (I'm at an age where the question becomes important) and daydreams are part of the equation. I don't know how I would be able to handle it, and the backlash I have now when I can't DD is already horrible. I'm afraid I'd break down mentally at some point. 

I have had to babysit my nephew and niece a lot.  I kind of lucked out with my nephew- he's highly imaginative, and we would actually play pretend a lot. So it was kind of like I was daydreaming with another person. LOL! We would also play with things like Legos a lot, making up things as we went along. 

I'm not sure what the heck I would do with a practical kid who wasn't imaginative.

I don't have children (I'm 48 so I doubt I'm gonna have any now!) And I do suspect that it would have been difficult for me to focus on someone else so much when I live in my own head a lot. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky