Is anyone affected by MD while dating a new person? Or finds that it negatively or positively affects romantic relationships in general?

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's affected mine in that I don't have any romantic relationships. I've been approached by a handful of guys over the years - even been friends with some who wanted more - but the fear of having to leave behind my MD always scared me away. 

So you see it as having to choose one over the other? It's never been like that for me. But my MD tends to worsen when there is some part of my life I am unhappy about so it is kind of the opposite.

The way I like to experience MD is by acting it, which would be completely weird in a relationship setting. Also the fact that it's never me that I dream about, but another character that I could never be, would also make it weird. I feel like my life is so deeply entrenched in my MD world, that it would make it difficult for me to focus on reality and a real relationship. Ugh...will work on it though.

I see. I've never had it so intensely so I don't want to offend you or misunderstand you. For me when it gets bad it affects my daily activities, but not my activities with another person so long as I have a lot of "me" time. With the post my problem is once I fall for someone, sometimes I feel like the added stress of dating is increased by our ability to get lost in our minds and play the same things over and over. I wonder what it would be like if you ever got the opportunity to date someone else with MD. 

Sarah said:

The way I like to experience MD is by acting it, which would be completely weird in a relationship setting. Also the fact that it's never me that I dream about, but another character that I could never be, would also make it weird. I feel like my life is so deeply entrenched in my MD world, that it would make it difficult for me to focus on reality and a real relationship. Ugh...will work on it though.

I've been with my partner for over 5 years now and it has affected the relationship. We've both had a lot to deal with and we always come out on top but when it comes to my MD or my other mental health issues it tends to bring us to breaking point. Many times we've considered terminating the relationship because my fantasy world is far too vivid and powerful and I've made it clear to my partner that I prefer it more than being in the real world. We just keep taking it a day at a time. 

When I get into a new relationship, it can go one of two ways: I engage in a real life relationship, it's nice for a while, but eventually I'll get bored, and end up DDing. Or I push people away because they don't measure up to my DD standards; they will never be my DDing love interest, and that depresses the hell outta me.

What is a relationship?  Never been in one. 

Had one relationship but he did almost all the work and that was like three years ago. Heck knows how it would effect me while dating a new person. Also, I don't know how to flirt. Or how to tell if someone's flirting. They will actually have to tell me that they are flirting with me.

Of course my daydreaming affects everything, even if it doesn't happen very often anymore. But I 've always compared my boyfriends and my husband to my fictional boyfriend-husband-lover. Sometimes I daydream that I had my son with another person, or that I cheat on my husband with my most favorite character.

But in real life nothing looks unusual. I look pretty normal and my marriage looks ideal to others. Only sometimes my husband doesn't understand why I often seek isolation, and sometimes he thinks I ve met someone else in the internet... lololol!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky