Does anyone have any coping skills they use to help with their daydreaming? I just want to be able to function normally and ANY help would be welcome.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, not sure if it would help, but I guess the best way to cope with MD is by sheer force of will and determination; just forcing yourself to concentrate on the work at hand. I'll have to warn you though, I try to do that, and recently it hasn't been working too well for me. Anyway, good luck!

In my opinion, you have two options: the easy way and the hard way.

The hard way is to overcome MD through willpower, but it's extremely hard to maintain, and you'll probably end up more frustrated than anything. It's also impractical - it's normal for the human mind to daydream almost 50 percent of the time while awake, including people without MD. For this reason, I don't recommend it.

The easy way is to confront the source of your daydreaming. Typically we rely on daydreaming because it fulfills a need. What that need is will be different for everyone. It could be boredom, loneliness, dissatisfaction for life, etc. The best thing to do is to identify that need and try to find more healthy ways to fulfill it. When you can do this, you'll feel less reliant on the daydreaming. It may take more time, but it is far more effective.

I don't use willpower to control my daydreaming, in fact, I don't try to directly control it at all. When I focus on fulfilling my needs in the way I described above, my daydreaming isn't a problem. While I still daydream regularly, it does not cause me the same stress that it used to before. Hope this helps!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky