Till now, I still can't focus on my work. Whether its homework or a revision, I cant seem to stay on track for more than 10 mins before Daydreaming or doodling or walking around or etc.

My N-Levels are coming in a couple of months and I REALLY want to get into a GameDevelopment course. But ill have to score very high marks in order to have a chance to get in.

Is there any way that I can concentrate in my studies better? Thanks in advanced.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My concentration has always been pretty bad and it effected my studies. All I can suggest is setting up a reward system. So if you spend 30 minutes revising or you complete a piece of work you can have a reward.

You may want to reward yourself with 30 minutes of daydreaming before getting back to work or you could reward yourself with your favourite chocolate bar or candy or perhaps time to play your favourite video game. For me I love energy drinks- redbull, monster, relentless, etc- so normally if I have a goal and I'm struggling I'll tell myself I have to do so much before I can have the drink. I'll keep it next to me so I can see it but I know I can't have it and that motivates me to get stuff done. 

Also just think about how awesome it would be to get on that course. I did video games design and I had so much fun and even though daydreaming still got in the way I was able to do work that I genuinely cared about and wanted to engage in. Let that be your motivation to push through.

Best of luck pal. 

M Hunter said:

My concentration has always been pretty bad and it effected my studies. All I can suggest is setting up a reward system. So if you spend 30 minutes revising or you complete a piece of work you can have a reward.

You may want to reward yourself with 30 minutes of daydreaming before getting back to work or you could reward yourself with your favourite chocolate bar or candy or perhaps time to play your favourite video game. For me I love energy drinks- redbull, monster, relentless, etc- so normally if I have a goal and I'm struggling I'll tell myself I have to do so much before I can have the drink. I'll keep it next to me so I can see it but I know I can't have it and that motivates me to get stuff done. 

Also just think about how awesome it would be to get on that course. I did video games design and I had so much fun and even though daydreaming still got in the way I was able to do work that I genuinely cared about and wanted to engage in. Let that be your motivation to push through.

Best of luck pal. 

Thank you :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky