I am just curious to know if there are any other people here like myself who are adopted. It would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between the two. If you are adopted how does it impact on your maladaptive daydreaming?

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not adopted and have had this problem since I was little. I also hear there may be a correlation between this and trauma as a child but also I am not sure how true that actually is.

SD there is not a correlation between Maladaptive Daydreaming and trauma.  You're thinking of an old study that was done with only 6 participants that concluded that MD was the result of trauma.  That was disproved in the last study, done by Dr. Cynthia Schupak and Jayne Bigelsen.  

S.D. said:

I am not adopted and have had this problem since I was little. I also hear there may be a correlation between this and trauma as a child but also I am not sure how true that actually is.

I said I heard somewhere there may be I never said that I was positive there was or how true it was.  I can't honestly sit and believe after all the things I have been through in my life that there is no connection between that and my daydreaming and so on.

I didn't mean it's NEVER caused by abuse.  I thought you were referencing an old finding that it was always caused by trauma, which has been disproved.  

S.D. said:

I said I heard somewhere there may be I never said that I was positive there was or how true it was.  I can't honestly sit and believe after all the things I have been through in my life that there is no connection between that and my daydreaming and so on.

I am adopted and have been daydreaming since i was young. I have had things happen to me as a child both before and after being adopted. Therefore i believe that both studies may be correct. I have learnt very little about this disorder so i am interested in learning more about my newly discovered disorder. Any help would be much appreciated.

I was adopted when I was 2 and I started  to dream when I was five, my childhood was very nice, but I was very shy, when I was a teen   I had  friends started to go to pubs.I mean normal life, but inside my head I was slways better, my daydreame  followed my whole life an it is like a curse.

Not adopted. I did stop growing in the womb and I think three weeks or something later I was induced and so born five weeks early.

I was half adopted, my dad adopted met mom is my really mom. I think I was born early too I know I was induced.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky