Wild Minds Network

Where wild minds come to rest

I have had some trouble getting a new daydream going, my mind has been bare, per-say. I know this should not go here, but i need some help to see if this is any good. It is obliviously not done yet, because I go along with the story. I really am looking for something I can stick with for years because that is what I have always done. 

So there is a girl living in kind of the swiss alps, but in medieval times. she is actually my profile photo. she works with her father and mother in the fields but dreams of magic and an interesting life. one day she discovers a necklace when she was planting...  uhg. I need help. my brain is dry! Should she be a dragon princess, like she can call dragons? hmm, i will get scheming! 

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

What was your previous daydream? how did that end? I'm just curious :)

I haven't invented any new daydream ideas in years, but I was very creative and dreamy as a kid. Kids do not have bare minds, not even close. So what I keep doing is, I dig as deep into my childhood as possible and bring back an old idea. Than I modernise it. I think about what the story was about, I think about the logic that was used, the characters that existed and the world that was there. And I reinvent everything that I don't like anymore, but I expand anything that I love about it. What was fun and childish back then, now gets serious and deep too. Because as an adult I more understand what the actual weight of events such as deaths and war is, and I also realise how amazing other more positive things are like love and magic. It gets more compelling than it ever was. Also the force of nostalgia will push me back into the story, and the rush of new ideas inspired from the old foundations of my childhood dreams will keep the story going too. I thought maybe telling you this could inspire you to find a source of good daydreams ;) sometimes you don't need something new, but instead you can use recycling ;)

Also if you're realy looking for a good daydream with a plot that you can enjoy without getting bored of it, then its okay to frequently switch from the one daydream  to the other. Have multiple daydreams at once going on, and one day you feel like dreaming about the dragon-plot, the other day you're eager for some sciencefiction. Like this you won't get bored of always dreaming of the same thing :p I usually have handfull of daydreams going on at the same time.

Of course, daydreams are fun and it is the fun aspect we're talking about rightnow :) But don't forget that the huge immersion of daydreams is also what gets us into trouble. MDD is a problem sadly, a fun one at times, but still a problem. Make sure you don't make this problem bigger in your search for more fun ;) There is no real need for your daydreams to "become better than they are" or to "improve". Daydream plots are often very dull, it's normal and it's very ok. A daydream doesn't need to be good. Or at least it doesn't need the approval of other dreamers ;) You're the judge of your own daydreams. I don't think anyone could ever tell you if your daydream is "good" or "bad". If you enjoy them, then they did the job. It's just your daydreams and nothing more.

Sharing plots is realy fun, but please don't force yourself to work hard to create better plots. Relax ;) Work is what we all try to get away from :p If you do realy like doing this (Like me, I want to be a writer later on in life so I feel a real need for my stories to be fully polished) then OK, go ahead and have fun :) But I just wanted to say that daydreams exist for fun and comfort: No need to start feeling insecure about it or to lose the fun in trying to have the ultimate daydream. Just do and dream of whatever you like ;)

I like the start! The girl on the picture looks like a beautiful princess indeed and dragons are cool :) In fact when I was in Switserland as a kid I daydreamed about dragons all the time there :D The mountains can get so high and the valleys so deep, it's the perfect environment for cool dragon flights. And also giants. And aliens. My daydreams always get weird and messy lol :p

Also listen to some good music and go outside to see nature, you'll get inspired fast ;)

Valkyrie said:

Wow! Thank you so much for all that useful info! I am also an aspiring writer, so I feel the need for polished stories! I hope to write more articles about my earlier DD. :) I will take your advice for sure and look into my crazy past! I think I have been thinking to much about all of this , lol. ;p

You have been to Switzerland?!?!  Soooo lucky! I want to go really bad, but my parents do not feel that it is a good idea. I really feel as if I could get more into my writing and DD there! Oh boy! I am super excited! 

Thanks so much!!❤❤❤❤❤

Roel said:

What was your previous daydream? how did that end? I'm just curious :)

I haven't invented any new daydream ideas in years, but I was very creative and dreamy as a kid. Kids do not have bare minds, not even close. So what I keep doing is, I dig as deep into my childhood as possible and bring back an old idea. Than I modernise it. I think about what the story was about, I think about the logic that was used, the characters that existed and the world that was there. And I reinvent everything that I don't like anymore, but I expand anything that I love about it. What was fun and childish back then, now gets serious and deep too. Because as an adult I more understand what the actual weight of events such as deaths and war is, and I also realise how amazing other more positive things are like love and magic. It gets more compelling than it ever was. Also the force of nostalgia will push me back into the story, and the rush of new ideas inspired from the old foundations of my childhood dreams will keep the story going too. I thought maybe telling you this could inspire you to find a source of good daydreams ;) sometimes you don't need something new, but instead you can use recycling ;)

Also if you're realy looking for a good daydream with a plot that you can enjoy without getting bored of it, then its okay to frequently switch from the one daydream  to the other. Have multiple daydreams at once going on, and one day you feel like dreaming about the dragon-plot, the other day you're eager for some sciencefiction. Like this you won't get bored of always dreaming of the same thing :p I usually have handfull of daydreams going on at the same time.

Of course, daydreams are fun and it is the fun aspect we're talking about rightnow :) But don't forget that the huge immersion of daydreams is also what gets us into trouble. MDD is a problem sadly, a fun one at times, but still a problem. Make sure you don't make this problem bigger in your search for more fun ;) There is no real need for your daydreams to "become better than they are" or to "improve". Daydream plots are often very dull, it's normal and it's very ok. A daydream doesn't need to be good. Or at least it doesn't need the approval of other dreamers ;) You're the judge of your own daydreams. I don't think anyone could ever tell you if your daydream is "good" or "bad". If you enjoy them, then they did the job. It's just your daydreams and nothing more.

Sharing plots is realy fun, but please don't force yourself to work hard to create better plots. Relax ;) Work is what we all try to get away from :p If you do realy like doing this (Like me, I want to be a writer later on in life so I feel a real need for my stories to be fully polished) then OK, go ahead and have fun :) But I just wanted to say that daydreams exist for fun and comfort: No need to start feeling insecure about it or to lose the fun in trying to have the ultimate daydream. Just do and dream of whatever you like ;)

I like the start! The girl on the picture looks like a beautiful princess indeed and dragons are cool :) In fact when I was in Switserland as a kid I daydreamed about dragons all the time there :D The mountains can get so high and the valleys so deep, it's the perfect environment for cool dragon flights. And also giants. And aliens. My daydreams always get weird and messy lol :p

Also listen to some good music and go outside to see nature, you'll get inspired fast ;)

Wow! Thank you so much for all that useful info! I am also an aspiring writer, so I feel the need for polished stories! I hope to write more articles about my earlier DD. :) I will take your advice for sure and look into my crazy past! I think I have been thinking to much about all of this , lol. ;p

You have been to Switzerland?!?!  Soooo lucky! I want to go really bad, but my parents do not feel that it is a good idea. I really feel as if I could get more into my writing and DD there! Oh boy! I am super excited! 

Thanks so much!!❤❤❤❤❤

Oh yeah switzerland is a beautiful country. Only the people don't like foreigners that much in my experience :p

Yeah my family have a challet there, we used to go there on vacations every two years. It's a lot of nature and because of the mountains you get a real sense of depth in the landschape so you can realy see how high and how low everything is and you can see things that are miles away from you. It's a great place for dreamy inspiration :D

Where I'm from -Belgium- We don't have mountains. Everything is flat, and perfectly flat. You can't see beyond the asfalt and buildings surrounding you. While in switserland you don't feel caged that much. You can see beyond the place you're standing.

Lol just a vent about the alps XD

RSS

© 2017   Created by Cordellia Amethyste Rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky