Wild Minds Network

Where wild minds come to rest

I know there's some real creative, and talented writers among us. Just wanted to know if anyone else is attempting NaNoWriMo this year?

NanoWriMo Info

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing.

On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 PM on November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought about writing a novel."

I've "attempted" the goal for the last 3 years - never actual beat it by the time limit (for obvious MD reasons), but it's a fun activity to do and it gets some ideas down on the page and seeing your word count go up little by little is kinda motivating. Sometimes we need a little "push" to get us started...;-)

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It says National. Does that mean it's for Ireland?

I could never finish a book in that little time though. Believe me I've tried soooo many times.

Nope, you can do it from anywhere in the world. I think it started in the US first and they never got round to changing the name.

Oh, I never finish, but I like the experience of the whole thing. It's kinda exciting. :)

I'm not but daughter is doing it. This is her second year - she wrote a 35,000 word novel last year and had it published (and she's just 12). I'm convinced she too has MD. 

Your daughter is awesome! And at just 12 - such a great achievement. You must be a very proud mommy. :-D

If she has MD, it's another great example of someone putting it to great use.

Reply to Discussion

© 2018   Created by Cordellia Amethyste Rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics