Wild Minds Network

Where wild minds come to rest

Has anybody been so complacent with their dream world and contemptuous when people has something to say about you, that you weren't the slightest big concerned about your future? And then when the future came 10-15 years later, you discovered your lifestyle is just the same or even worse, because you were so 'away' in my your head, you didn't bother to make great decisions, which could've made things look so much better?

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Jessica, it is my case.

is it yours as well ?

kim 

Yes. Life does move on. Nobody could have seen or noticed what I faced. Somebody has, my mom. It was very mortifying. She thought that I was nuts.

**I guess she's not me*

What I find really difficult is that I'm the harshest judge of myself. People generally see me in a positive light. But I see myself so scathingly, because I know my true mind and I have a detailed picture of my daydream-filled life journey. That person who is contemptuous of me turns out to be...me. It's hard.

At least people see the good in you. Some people see me at a positive glance too, but not always. I meet people who disagree with me all the time.

People are generally wrapped up in their own lives/concerns to have much opinion about people they don't know well, unless that other person is a celebrity; then people feel freer to judge and have opinions about them.

I think daydreamers need to be kinder to themselves about their condition. They need to be more forgiving and have more understanding. We can't depend on other folks to extend this to us. It has to start with us.

Yes, daydreamers have lots of reasons to be mad at themselves because 10/15 years have seemingly gone down the drain because they were away in their head. But that criticism should be instructive. What does that disapproval say about what you would like to do in life? About what you "dream" of doing in life (pun intended)? There is not a person or thing in the whole world who could give us back the years we supposedly "lost" to daydreaming.

But we can have an understanding and accepting attitude right now. We can commit more to living away from our daydreams in the future, if that's what we want. We can just decide that we have enough emotional difficulties on our hearts and minds and that we don't need the heavy weight of regret. I would say look to your resilience and inventiveness, qualities that every daydreamer has, to work through real-life difficulties. 

You are so right ! We are so hard with ourselves ... as well as with others ( at least it is my case) that is also why DD was  part of my life... nothing and no one was good enough and dreams were there to compensate.

I hope you are better now. I am. I live 70 % in the real world now. And I  like that so much.  But as you say so correctly  ...  "There is not a person or thing in the whole world who could give us back the years we supposedly "lost" to daydreaming 

... " look to your resilience and inventiveness, qualities that every daydreamer has, to work through real-life difficulties" ... yes, this is exactly what we have to do ...  before it is too late  ! :-)

Catauxgory said:

People are generally wrapped up in their own lives/concerns to have much opinion about people they don't know well, unless that other person is a celebrity; then people feel freer to judge and have opinions about them.

I think daydreamers need to be kinder to themselves about their condition. They need to be more forgiving and have more understanding. We can't depend on other folks to extend this to us. It has to start with us.

Yes, daydreamers have lots of reasons to be mad at themselves because 10/15 years have seemingly gone down the drain because they were away in their head. But that criticism should be instructive. What does that disapproval say about what you would like to do in life? About what you "dream" of doing in life (pun intended)? There is not a person or thing in the whole world who could give us back the years we supposedly "lost" to daydreaming.

But we can have an understanding and accepting attitude right now. We can commit more to living away from our daydreams in the future, if that's what we want. We can just decide that we have enough emotional difficulties on our hearts and minds and that we don't need the heavy weight of regret. I would say look to your resilience and inventiveness, qualities that every daydreamer has, to work through real-life difficulties. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Cordellia Amethyste Rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky