Hello! I know I posted not to long ago... But lately my DD has hit rock bottom.

I've been wasting ALL DAY just consumed by my daydreaming.

If I finish up scenes I think: yay! Finally. But then something dramatic happens in my daydreams, or I read, or see something in TV, and I'm back to daydreaming.
I don't want to daydream! But it's out of control. I feel so dizzy, and I can't concentrate.
I'm trying to plan the day out, but it's not helping. I always get distracted by my DDs and stop.
Idk what to do!!!

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried setting aside time to daydream? Or maybe just trying to cut back on it little by little, like maybe just starting with thirty minutes where you absolutely try your hardest to not daydream? I don't know. I realize this is all much easier said than done, haha. Good luck. I feel the same way a lot of the time.

My daydreaming is also at an all-time high right now so I feel your pain.

As for what works for me, I find it easiest to stop the daydreaming when I'm surrounded by others. If I'm left alone, I'll do nothing but daydream or do research for my daydreams. I also try to keep the daydreaming limited to a couple hours at night after everyone else in the house has gone to bed, and for an hour or so in the morning before I have to get up (but it doesn't always work), and I keep a journal of my daydreaming. I write about what's happening in my storyline, how long I've daydreamed for that day, and what is going on in my life and my emotions. That helps me a lot and allows me to look back for patterns or triggers. 

Keep busy, try to avoid any known triggers, be with others as much as you can... whatever works for you... and continue reaching out to everyone on this board so you remember you are not alone in this struggle. Focus on small goals. Try to keep yourself involved in another task if only for 20 minutes at a time. Just don't beat yourself up if the daydreaming happens because it will. Small steps. 

I'm in the same place right now too. If I'm alone for even a minute I'm sucked back under and it's draining me as well. Hence why I am back on here looking for blogs and discussions and anything to keep my mind busy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky