Wild Minds Network

Where wild minds come to rest

does anyone here not mind their maladaptive daydreaming?

honestly, i dont mind it. ive had it basically my entire life (i didnt even just daydream like a normal child, the pacing began even when i was six) and ive never had anything traumatic happen to me. it doesnt take that much away from me (maybe 1 hr 30 mins to 2 hrs a day) and it helps me keep creative. also, it's a great stress relief, and the pacing helps me get excersize! i honestly dont see anything wrong with it. i understand if it's more severe than what I have, but for me, I think it's fine. does anyone agree?

Views: 1441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Natasha,

I don't mind it at all.  It has helped me cope with some difficult situations, has given me a great outlet, direction for crafting fictional stories, and sense of control, and the ability to create beauty whenever I want it.  At one point I hated it.  I even went up to the altar at church during a revival to get free of it.  Fortunately, circumstances interfered and the evangelist that was preaching during the revival never got to me.  But it's just like everything else.  Moderation.  You can't let it dictate, control, take over your life at the expense of reality.  For many years I didn't connect with people at all because I had my "day dreaming" to satisfy me.  As a result, I don't have very many close friendships.  I'm working on improving that and connecting with people more.

I agree with your assessment.  It also keeps me creative.  I'm a writer so it's wonderful outlet.  It's also a great stress reliever like you say.  But again, you have to control it and not let in control you.  That is the key.  You always have to be the master, not the slave.

Karen D.

I love my daydreams. It doesn't really bother me much. I"ve been daydreaming all my life and now its just who i am.

I agree. I come up with great ideas because of MD. It doesn't have to be a problem--balance is key.

I don't mind my daydreaming and don't see a reason to try to stop it. It doesn't negatively effect my ability to function. I really enjoy my daydreams and would miss them if I stopped. They've been with me for about 29 years, ever since I was a little kid. Even though I know it isn't healthy to spend such a large part of my life daydreaming, it still beats the alternative.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Cordellia Amethyste Rose.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky