All Discussions Tagged 'Maladaptive' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What helps?

Now that we've had some time to think about this & discuss it, let's start creating a plan to help.  Let's try and make a list that we…

Started by Cordellia Amethyste Rose

189 Nov 15, 2022
Reply by Elaine

MD since childhood- how to stop

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to ask if you guys have some tips as to how to stop MD. For me it is definitely a coping mechanism, one I have use…

Started by Kimbers

2 Feb 21, 2021
Reply by Kimbers

I can only read when I write.

Hi Guys, As you've all probably figured out by now (the main page being a huge clue), I've had a really bad form of this all my life.  It h…

36 Sep 23, 2015
Reply by deleted

The root cause of Maladaptive dayreaming?

Ok, I have theory, I am interested to know peoples thoughts... So, I personally have found that it is a  emotional distancing technique. I…

Started by Elisha

18 Nov 2, 2014
Reply by Amanda

How I believe my daydreaming started, how it progressed, and how it is now.

When I was a child, the earliest memory of my daydreams was my dragon called Raptos. I believe I created him around five years old. He was…

Started by Rosethewolf

8 Apr 20, 2014
Reply by Rosethewolf

Complete and Utter Lack of Focus, I Need Help

I am having such a hard time controlling my maladaptive daydreaming. It consumes my entire day and I feel like my triggers are everything.…

Started by Bri

5 Aug 28, 2013
Reply by Elaine Fitzgerald

New MD Study Seeks Participants (With and Without MD)

Normally, I don't like people posting the same thing in a blog and a discussion, but I really want to get the word out about this:      …

1 Feb 14, 2013
Reply by Creative Writer

MD on TV Shows

Has anyone watched the new Matthew Perry show "Go On"?  In this weeks episode one of the characters, Danny admits that he copes with his pr…

Started by Beef

0 Oct 11, 2012

Do I have maladaptive daydreams?

Hey everyone I just heard about maladaptive daydreaming. I've looked up about the symptoms and they describe be almost perfectly. Backgroun…

Started by Asbd

3 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Janet Hoffman

I have to brag....

Ok, so living openly and writing about it has been very freeing.  I feel like I want to flaunt everything.  This one is like the discussion…

16 Nov 29, 2011
Reply by Elizabeth

RSS

© 2024   Created by Valeria Franco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

G-S8WJHKYMQH Real Time Web Analytics

Clicky